Civic EF9 SIR II (JD)

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Benny_d_man
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Re: Civic EF9 SIR II (JD)

Post by Benny_d_man »

No worries lad. I'm in the same boat as yourself atm had to get my glass replaced a while back and could only get hold of a clear class. Has a slight blueish/green tint to it but nothing you can do you can't get a dead clear one afaik. It bugs the S*!t out of me but most of my mates don't even recognise it lol
JDM--EF9
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by JDM--EF9 »

Benny_d_man wrote:No worries lad. I'm in the same boat as yourself atm had to get my glass replaced a while back and could only get hold of a clear class. Has a slight blueish/green tint to it but nothing you can do you can't get a dead clear one afaik. It bugs the S*!t out of me but most of my mates don't even recognise it lol
Yea bugs me too but guess i'll have to live with it... I wouldn't bother trying to tint the blue as it's almost too blue and doubt it would help.. and my mates never recognised it then 1 said i should change all the glass to the blue because it looks soo good lol... to be honest i never even noticed it till guy i bought it off mentioned it to me.. :roll: i think it looks too modern with anything other than the bronze.. maybe thats just me though.. will hopefully sort something out...
***1990 JDM Honda Civic EF9 siR II***
Benny_d_man
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Benny_d_man »

Yeah I hope you get sorted too mate. And best of luck with your savage ef9. Enjoy it :)
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

That's the reason I changed all the glass to blue in my Barcelona Green EF9 as the windscreen broke taking it out.

Looks proper odd having different colour glass when it rains on them.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
JDM--EF9
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by JDM--EF9 »

Tahir wrote:That's the reason I changed all the glass to blue in my Barcelona Green EF9 as the windscreen broke taking it out.

Looks proper odd having different colour glass when it rains on them.
If you don't mind me asking how much you picked up all the blue glass for Tahir? Gona weigh my options up and get something sorted even if it means the glass lying in the garage for a while... If definitely stands out when it rains... :shock: thanks
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

The tailgate glass usually come with the tail gate, I've not had it cut out ever but...

Someone breaking a 4g should be able to provide the lot minus a windscreen for £100, that's £20 a piece basically.

Windscreen I've not had fitted but I just got a quote for a screen plus new seal fitted for £155. Or through insurance it's £75.
JDM--EF9
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by JDM--EF9 »

Tahir wrote:The tailgate glass usually come with the tail gate, I've not had it cut out ever but...

Someone breaking a 4g should be able to provide the lot minus a windscreen for £100, that's £20 a piece basically.

Windscreen I've not had fitted but I just got a quote for a screen plus new seal fitted for £155. Or through insurance it's £75.
that sounds pretty reasonable... only a matter of me getting the bootlid painted then i guess?? and fit the rest of the glass? I'd rather get the blue screen refitted and the seal isn't the greatest or as neat as i'd like it to be.. I'm assuming all the boot lids are the same too so doesnt really matter which i get as long as it has the right glass i'm looking for?
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Well the UK bootlid is different in the way that it needs a hole drilling at the top where wiring for the 3rd brake light goes through.
JDM--EF9
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by JDM--EF9 »

Tahir wrote:Well the UK bootlid is different in the way that it needs a hole drilling at the top where wiring for the 3rd brake light goes through.
Doesn't sound like a big job :D Thanks for the help Tahir! :top:
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

No probs mate.
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

Have complete blue glass there have a look Thursday mates talking of tracking the dx so will be using plastic windows and screen so all for sale either ways
JDM--EF9
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by JDM--EF9 »

vtecmossy wrote:Have complete blue glass there have a look Thursday mates talking of tracking the dx so will be using plastic windows and screen so all for sale either ways
100% will look on Thursday :top:
gazelle
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by gazelle »

Have you got a spec list for this?? We need more pics lol...
JDM--EF9
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by JDM--EF9 »

gazelle wrote:Have you got a spec list for this?? We need more pics lol...
Sorry, updated with spec list on first page! I'll get more pics soon... Should be on the road tomorrow so this weekend i'll get to drive around and find a few places i can take decent photos :top:
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Sounds good, hope the weather is suitable.