Parts from a 4G fitting a 3G? Can anyone enlighten me?

Topics related to 3G and earlier
daniel-cmyk
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Parts from a 4G fitting a 3G? Can anyone enlighten me?

Post by daniel-cmyk »

Hey people,

A couple of quick questions really but not too sure how many people would be able to give me correct information.

Would parts from an EF or CRX fit my AH? Parts such as exhaust back box, short shifter, steering wheel hub for aftermarket wheel... Just the basic 'essentials' lol.

If anyone could give me some information or information to lead me into the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Re: Parts from a 4G fitting a 3G? Can anyone enlighten me?

Post by walsh123 »

Exhaust not really would need some modification to fit id imagine as the pipe work over the axle differs a fair bit compared to a 4g.

Short shifter i reckon you could get on, although havent tried myself.

Steering wheel boss is the same i believe betweeen 4g and 3g i can check if you give me a couple days.

But prett sure someone on here will be able to answer for definate. If not CRx-uk have a more dedicated 3g section :top:
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)
daniel-cmyk
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by daniel-cmyk »

Hey man, thanks for getting back!

If you could see if they would fit, i'd appreciate it. I want a snap off hub for my GT, but for obvious reasons, i dont want to purchase one as it may not fit.

I've asked on the crx uk forum, but no help lol.
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by gwenge »

I have simular questions.... Exhaust manifold? Mine (yes i've got one now :lol: ) is the 1.5...
I can use my 4-1 header from my D16 i imagine?

Middle pipes i can make a new straight through for so not too bothered.

Would be nice to know if D-series engine mounts from a 4g would work too...
ash d-series
**Trader**

Post by ash d-series »

Short shifters from the 4g fit but you have to use the bush from around the ball part of the shifter on the 3g linkage as the pivot ball on the 3g shifter is smaller.
The steering boss is identical.
I had a backbox from a crx on mine but it does need a lot of modification, the oem backbox wont fit though as the silencer is far too wide.
The mid section is also pretty close from a 4g and only requires a little modification.
Manifolds from a d series are mile off because the ew ports in the head are like this 00 00 and the d series is 0 0 0 0 if that makes sense.
In all honesty they are just about the only things that do transfer over, i've tried pretty much most things.
A few good upgrades you can do is use mk1 crx hubs for bigger brakes, you can then modify them further to hold 282mm prelude/crv calipers with 262 discs, you can use the rear axle from a 1g integra to convers to rear discs.
It shares a similar chassis to the Honda integra, crx 1g,ballade and the rover 213 so they are the best things to get stuff from. You can pick up a lot of cheap spares on ebay searching for the ballade and rover 213.
The rear strut brace from a polo 6n2 fits with slight modification to the holes.
Summit racing and heel and toe are very good places to get aftermarket parts for them.
I'm also throwing together some rear coilover adapters for them at the moment so i could make a few more sets if anybody was interested
Northern Hondas.
Regular meets and events in the north of england and southern Scotland.
http://www.facebook....21620604582622/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;