Nath's EE9 Project

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Nath94
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Nath's EE9 Project

Post by Nath94 »

Well here it is, I bought Weddy's White EE9 on the saturday just gone. I have to say i am happy with the overall standard of the car, totally rust free shell and a great base for me to start making my own.

How the car stood when i bought it...

As always when you buy a car, you always notice the downsides when you have handed over the money and are free to look around everything properly.

I first noticed a bit of a lumpy missfire, thought nothing of it at first as there was next to no petrol in it. Kindly Ross put a spares box together for me and in there was a set of blue NGK leads so decided to pop them in...as i went from right to left the final plug being plug 4 was full of oil :shock: at first i was like HOLY S*!t! but then i was like hmmm its most likely just the cam oil seal. I opened up the cover and found not 4 but 3 cam oil seals :?

Luckily i have numerous cam covers in my possesion so i have a few spare seals lying around, popped a new one in a job was a guddun :top:

Most of you will hiss and boo at this decision but from the start i have never liked 4 spoke alloys so i had already made a deal with Matt Jones for a part ex on the SSR's :roll: What i got in return for them will be revealed later on :wink:

In the middle of wheel change we came accross a few 'teething problems'

drivers side CV boot was split, cv grease was all over everything, picking up a new one tomorrow.

Drivers side front flexi was goosed like i couldnt believe, it had been cable tied to the fork as opposed to the tab on the shocker and had been forced on an incorrect route...this meant it had been rubbing on the inside lip of the alloy and had split pretty badly. Took the flexi from my crash damaged EG VTI and sorted problem number 2.

Further inspection lead to the drivers side front drop link being cut, im sure ross told me this but i couldnt remeber the reason..anywasy, picking up a new drop link tomorrow for it.

Next was the sump...an incorrect sump plug had been forced in...some french plug, renault type with a square hole to remove, had been pissing oil and didnt fit so was as loose as richard hammonds arse when he crashed that rocket car....anyways, got it out to realise the threads were stripped so picking up a new sump tomorrow.

Thats all of the problems for now i think, so on with the good stuff.

I got a Skunk 2 dual bend short shift, shift extender and a Skunk 2 titanium effect weighted gear knob, got them on today and i have to say i really like the setup, throw is shorter but obviously not as short as it could be without the extender but its brought up nicely because racecar. :drivegear:

Also got a pair of ADVAN triangles for above the side repeaters that have been smoothed over LOL, but oh well, i like how they look!

And a magnetic Wakaba, not sure on position yet so just playing with it before i reinforce magnetise it :wink:

Its currently sitting on VT alloys until i sort out the new shoes for it tomorrow and get some rubber on them, going to the powder coaters tomorrow so wil be more updates to follow!
Marc_EE9

Re: Nath's EE9 Project

Post by Marc_EE9 »

8)
Not a fan of the stickers though.

Reminds me of "Charles" EF9..

Nath94
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Nath94 »

Some people like them some people don't, the JDM one is just a magnet so can be moved, removed and whatever, will most likely end up inside the car before long..it does look similar like! but like I said, it's a great base to make my own so is no where near finished as far as I am concerned :)
callum0892
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by callum0892 »

You got the novice driver magnet...
Agree with you on the wheels though
Spence
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by Spence »

Glad to see your doing the little things matey, it's the little things that make the difference to an EF for sure.

I dislike the stickers the car had a sort of clean flush look an the stickers ruin that for me but hey ho it's not my car.

Enjoy it matey it looks a cracker!
I apologise for any iPhone fails that may have incurred during this post.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Nice EE9. 8)

Again not a fan of the stickers.

p.s. looking forward to seeing it's new shoes...
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
fiddy
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by fiddy »

Love this. I bloody love the ssr's haha.

Is that a genuine chargespeed spoiler?
sabvtivtec
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by sabvtivtec »

You got yourself a nice Vt
Nath94
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Nath94 »

Thanks for the comments fellas, always wanted to rock advan triangles on a white car sonhad to be done! I see what you mean about the flushness and I do agree it has taken it away slightly but at the end of the day I can always take them off if I change my mind...

Anyways, rain will definitely slow progress down today, was planning on bonding the spoiler on again as its come away slightly and therefore rattles so MUST do that haha, also want to do a little bonding on the rear bumper drivers side...Matt tells me this is a common problem?

Fiddy- nope it's just a rep
weddy1988
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by weddy1988 »

i have to defend haha

the rocker was put on buy the body shop very pikey to not put back what the rocker cover actually came with

but the cv is brand new dont know how its split but we seen the wheel and it was pritty damn coverd :|

appoligys about the cable ties though i was on and off with suspension on that car konis+miester r rears/full miester r's/full BC racings , but but but

on the plus side i do have your other 2 braided lines for the front nath PM me your address again saves me racking through emails and i'll get them and any other bits and bobs to go with the car , let me know if theres any other parts you need as i still have that full shell there buddy
weddy1988
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by weddy1988 »

also what was the ratling from the front as that done me head in
Nath94
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Nath94 »

Will do Ross, like I said, no major problems, just daft little things although the sump was a nasty surprise.. I think the rattling could be the drivers side driveshaft, where it sits in the box has some play, not sure what it is exactly but I will get to the bottom of it!
99mrbe
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by 99mrbe »

Looking really nice, love white ee9 I reckon it's the drive shafts mine does the same pisses me off lol!
fiddy
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by fiddy »

sell me your front lip and spoiler now haha
Nath94
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Nath94 »

Hahaha, nah sorry dude, love the lip and spoiler, really sets the look off! Should be much better when the wheels come back from the powdercoaters ;)