My 91' Black ED7 1.6-16.

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
mattj
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Re: My 91' Black ED7 1.6-16.

Post by mattj »

Your car is so clean Ben, very jealous of it. Possibly because I hate the paint on my car, as soon as funds and time allow i'll be getting a respray. Photo's look good, you should try find a tilt and shift app to edit some. I love tilt and shift lol.
Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

Post by Ben_theEFking »

mattj wrote:Your car is so clean Ben, very jealous of it. Possibly because I hate the paint on my car, as soon as funds and time allow i'll be getting a respray. Photo's look good, you should try find a tilt and shift app to edit some. I love tilt and shift lol.
Thanks Matt. Trouble is with having mint bodywork it makes me scared to drive it! So worried about getting a dent or a chip.

Just been messing around with the pics on instagram. I'd like to get a decent piece of photo editing software eventually. Done a couple more, there not great but like I say just messing about with them at the moment.

91' Civic EE9 I-VT
mattj

Post by mattj »

Have you seen those sort of clear vynal bonnet bras? I dont know how good they are but i've seen them about on youtube. It's looks very much like a sheet of window tilt film, but you apply to your bonnet, bumpers etc and it's meant to protect against stone chips. Like i said i dont know how effective they are, if at all, but it may be worth looking into it.
Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

Post by Ben_theEFking »

mattj wrote:Have you seen those sort of clear vynal bonnet bras? I dont know how good they are but i've seen them about on youtube. It's looks very much like a sheet of window tilt film, but you apply to your bonnet, bumpers etc and it's meant to protect against stone chips. Like i said i dont know how effective they are, if at all, but it may be worth looking into it.
Yeah I have seen them but you can still see them when fitted. I might just stick to what I'm doing and barely drive it. I've done about 400 miles since November :lol:

Still unsure about what to do with the B20. I did advertise it for sale but no interest which surprised me. I may do a budget build for now. Just the engine as it is with standard inlet and exhaust manifolds etc to just get it in and running. I could then look at upgrading parts later on.
91' Civic EE9 I-VT
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

EF_King wrote:I may do a budget build for now. Just the engine as it is with standard inlet and exhaust manifolds etc to just get it in and running. I could then look at upgrading parts later on.
Would still be good for 190bhp 8)
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

Post by Ben_theEFking »

Tahir wrote:
EF_King wrote:I may do a budget build for now. Just the engine as it is with standard inlet and exhaust manifolds etc to just get it in and running. I could then look at upgrading parts later on.
Would still be good for 190bhp 8)
Thats why I'm thinking just get it in and running. If I do go ahead then I'll get Daz to map it as well. I want it to be safe. As far as I know the ECU is just a standard pwo so would need a decent map on it. I've heard the B20's dont like det as the liners are thinner due to the larger cylinder capacity so mapping is a must.
91' Civic EE9 I-VT
mattj

Post by mattj »

Like i said in the for sale thread mate, it'd be all that little bit more special when you did decide to drive it lol. If it's 185hp with standard mani and exhaust, should see a large gain with a proper system and mapping.
99mrbe
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by 99mrbe »

Ben were did you get the rear honda decal from and the 16.16
Stu-GL
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by Stu-GL »

gorgeous! Good Work Ben
Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

Post by Ben_theEFking »

mattj wrote:Like i said in the for sale thread mate, it'd be all that little bit more special when you did decide to drive it lol. If it's 185hp with standard mani and exhaust, should see a large gain with a proper system and mapping.
Good point Matt
99mrbe wrote:Ben were did you get the rear honda decal from and the 16.16
I got them off eBay a while back mate. They are good quality to!
Stu-GL wrote:gorgeous! Good Work Ben
Thanks Stu :top:
91' Civic EE9 I-VT
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Only 400 miles :shock: Thats insane i've had madge about the same amount of time and clocked up nearly 4000 :oops: :lol:
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)
Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

Post by Ben_theEFking »

walsh123 wrote:Only 400 miles :shock: Thats insane i've had madge about the same amount of time and clocked up nearly 4000 :oops: :lol:
:lol: yeah but mines not a daily Walsh. I think I've driven further in the shuttle and I've only had that a few weeks :lol:
91' Civic EE9 I-VT
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

True but mine is a half not at all daily haha as i cant use it after 6 without permission :(

Also on the B20 front, i love D series as im sure you know BUT if i had a 1616 and a B20 lying around in my garage well....its a no brainer :wink: Being worried about paint is one thing but driving is what cars are for :drivegear: Driving is certainly more fun than polishing anyway :lol:

Just whack the B20 in, swallow you your pride and whack a cow over the bonnet for protection. At least you would be using it properly to stop stone chips rather than cover them up :oops: :oops: :lol:
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)
Kains
4GUK Donator

Post by Kains »

EF_King wrote:
walsh123 wrote:Only 400 miles :shock: Thats insane i've had madge about the same amount of time and clocked up nearly 4000 :oops: :lol:
:lol: yeah but mines not a daily Walsh. I think I've driven further in the shuttle and I've only had that a few weeks :lol:
I think I don't do that in a Year !

But like EF_King said, its not a daily and living on a small Island that hasn't got that many long roads helps aswell hehe
mattj

Post by mattj »

I use anything as an excuse to drive my car haha. 'you sure you dont need a lift to the bus stop?, alright suit your self'