ek b16 into dual carb sedan

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
thenapster
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

ek b16 into dual carb sedan

Post by thenapster »

been offered an ek with a b16 in it. was wondering what i need for the conversion. i know im going to need to buy conversion conversion mounts but my main question is what about fuel tank and lines and gearbox, driveshafts etc. could i use the ek fuel tank or would i need to buy a ef injection tank etc?

thanks
edit: a shopping list of parts i will need would be great
rusty4g
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Re: ek b16 into dual carb sedan

Post by rusty4g »

you could use the gl tank, you just need to a use a high pressure inline fuel pump. if your going to run injection use a civic v-tec loom. you may need to do some cutting and shutting where the loom for the front and rear joins together. try and get a b16a1 intake (complete) as it will make your life so much easier. you will need a b16a1 dizzy. if your not afraid of a bit of craft you could do a hydro clutch conversion but you will need master cylinder, fluid resevior and lines. would be much easier to get yourself a cable box. you will need all the b16a1 mounts. i'm not sure but the gearbox mounts might be the same. the eg d and b series gearbox mounts are the same nos sure about 4th gen. ek gear linkages may fit not 100% on that if not b16a1 linkages. if there anything i have missed just ask
dual carb v-tec yooooooooo! The car's not rusty, its the hair!

soon to be a b series eg coupe. (not permanently though)
johnboymartin666
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Re: ek b16 into dual carb sedan

Post by johnboymartin666 »

the passengers side chassis leg will need pounded in with a hammer or cut & channel'd as it will foul the alternator.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1990 Honda Civic SiR - G337YRJ