Another Racing 4G

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
Captain_Crustacean
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Another Racing 4G

Post by Captain_Crustacean »

This guy subscribed to my vids, looks to go reasonably well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiiDtC5F ... 7zHilZiJ_p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have sent him a message, see if there's anymore spec, also runs No. 67, must be a 4G thing! :D :lol:
Kains
4GUK Donator

Re: Another Racing 4G

Post by Kains »

Great vid :) He just needs a bit more power in the straights.

How I wish we had a track in Malta, to do something like this we have to go to Sicilly :cry:
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

I think you would embarass him Pete, any pics of his car?
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
WELLZ
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by WELLZ »

Been subscribed to Richards channel for a while! Shame he doesn't post many vids.

Would like to know more about the car too.
'90 B16B ED7! - SOLD :(
'96 Subaru Impreza WRX V-Limited
WELLZ
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by WELLZ »

Also sorry to thread jack but im a massive 80's- 90's touring car fan myself and always wondered what happened to the following cars....

Ray Armes raced a 4g hatchback in the 1989 season of the BTCC. Didn't enter until round 7 IIRC but quickly dominated class D with his Civic.

Heres some footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nmnn-TU ... re=related Skip to 1.30

The following year in 1990 Ray Armes again entered a Civic into the BTCC, but this time a Sedan. Now apparently a 2.0 litre to meet the new regulations. Ran by the Trakstar team IIRC.

Skip to 4.20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSpGfW36 ... re=related

And finally in 1993 a team entered a 4g into the Willhire 24 hour race at Thruxton. I cant find a picture, but theres some preety good footage of it on the following video. It was even catching the 5g works Castrol Civics that Honda had entered towards the end of the race lol!

Skip to 7.00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhftUvmD8s8

PS it has taken me 2 hours to write this post due to this gay forum not opening youtube links in a different window!!!!!
'90 B16B ED7! - SOLD :(
'96 Subaru Impreza WRX V-Limited
Captain_Crustacean
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Tahir wrote:I think you would embarass him Pete, any pics of his car?
Tbh, I think he looks relatively new to racing T, and the car doesn't look as tweeked as mine, still going well I thought though. Cant find any pics of it although I know its yellow and black from another vid.
WELLZ wrote:And finally in 1993 a team entered a 4g into the Willhire 24 hour race at Thruxton. I cant find a picture, but theres some preety good footage of it on the following video. It was even catching the 5g works Castrol Civics that Honda had entered towards the end of the race lol!

Skip to 7.00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhftUvmD8s8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
His car actually looks similar to that I think, yellow and black anyway.

Great vids those, racing really was at its best before 2000 I reckon, we had the cossie and E30 BMW's in the 80's/early 90's and then we had the super tourers of the late 90's (Best era for BTCC IMO) with just about every manufacture taking part, Alfa, Audi, BMW, Nissan, Honda, Mazda, Toyota, Vauxhall, Peugeot, Ford plus probably some I forgot.
civicracer
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by civicracer »

Don't think so Tahir, won class and 5th overall CSCC Future Classics Mallory Park. ( Richard not me )
Regards Barry ( from sunny Kent ) :lol:
Captain_Crustacean
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

civicracer wrote:
Don't think so Tahir, won class and 5th overall CSCC Future Classics Mallory Park. ( Richard not me )
Regards Barry ( from sunny Kent ) :lol:
Haha, dems fighting words. :OD :top: :wink:

Got a response off Richard about the car, tis a B16B, very nice, would be great to see the car out again next year although sounds like he's going to be in a skyline! Booooooo! :not top:

Have you got any pics of the car Barry, be great to see some.
Captain_Crustacean
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Richards sent me some piccies, looks clean, gonna try and get the two cars out together this year hopefully. :top:

Gizmo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gizmo »

Doing cadwell sometime this year again? I think we should attempt to have a 4G meet up like last year.

Cadwell is literally 15 minutes down the road from me, and i WILL be doing a few this year!
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Supercharged, VTEC Swapped Track Toy.
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Lifted Daily Beater.
Captain_Crustacean
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Gizmo wrote:Doing cadwell sometime this year again? I think we should attempt to have a 4G meet up like last year.

Cadwell is literally 15 minutes down the road from me, and i WILL be doing a few this year!
Yeah, wanna try and get a test day at the start of the year, will try and get a good group of us, no doubt edh will come down as well, ethan hopefully too. Will see how I get on with the engine build then look at dates for April all being well.
Gizmo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gizmo »

Im eager to get the VTEC shuttle on the track!
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Supercharged, VTEC Swapped Track Toy.
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Lifted Daily Beater.
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Captain_Crustacean wrote:
Gizmo wrote:Doing cadwell sometime this year again? I think we should attempt to have a 4G meet up like last year.

Yeah, wanna try and get a test day at the start of the year, will try and get a good group of us, no doubt edh will come down as well, ethan hopefully too. Will see how I get on with the engine build then look at dates for April all being well.
Im definately up for some track days this year, just need to get the bike carbs tuned i have more power now so should be even more fun than last time :D Although my exhaust is even louder so that ay put a spanner in the works :oops: :|
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)
Captain_Crustacean
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

walsh123 wrote: Im definately up for some track days this year, just need to get the bike carbs tuned i have more power now so should be even more fun than last time :D Although my exhaust is even louder so that ay put a spanner in the works :oops: :|
Yes, think you'd need to do something like that, was a bit deafening last time.

I might see if I can stick a passenger seat in mine next time round, I do miss being able to take people out for a spin.
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

:lol: Yeah i think i took title of loudest car there :oops:

Not to worry i have a few spare exhausts im sure i can make something work :wink:

You should i definately be up for going for a spin be nice to see what a proper track set up car is like.
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)