Momin's EE9 - LRE - 223BHP

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
sabvtivtec
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Re: Momin's EE9 - LRE

Post by sabvtivtec »

walsh123 wrote:good progress mate, but you should have painted the engine :P
x2
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Engine looks pretty clean to me, just that rocker cover doesn't do it any favours.

Momin I have a mint OEM EK9/ITR rocker cover if you are interested in it for the B18.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
civic ef999
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by civic ef999 »

read his post hes all ready got a new rocker cover
MominF
**Trader**

Post by MominF »

Tahir, i have a fresh rocker cover with the cam gear area cut out which i swapped for this. I knew id mess it up getting the engine in and putting tools on it lol. Will be put back on once its finished.

Ive replaced quite a few parts on the engine since i removed it from my CRX. It should hopefully be reliably pushing over 220BHP now. Should do me nicely as a daily driver over the summer , dont really have time to run the new engine in atm.

This weekend im hoping to fit my Hondata S300 and finish the OBD1 wiring. Pick up from the bodyshop a freshly painted brake servo and fit it, Fit a EK9 throttle cable, Fit a N1 crank pulley which i stupidly forgot to do when the engine was out , Get the driveshafts etc back in and hopefully get it started.

During the week im going to design a Traction bar on some CAD software at uni. Ive got a sketch drawn out, just going to design some parts for it and have them milled out of Aluminium. Will be going for something simmilar to a Full race traction bar with rose joints etc.

And im still thinking about getting a Aluminium radiator for some bling. The tegiwa ones look like there off S*!t quality from what ive seen and read on the net. A Koyo rad would be ideal but there not available in the UK, cant be assed waiting for it to arrive from the US.

:)
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

MominF wrote:Fit a N1 crank pulley which i stupidly forgot to do when the engine was out
whats the benefit of doing this?
MominF wrote:And im still thinking about getting a Aluminium radiator for some bling. The tegiwa ones look like there off S*!t quality from what ive seen and read on the net. A Koyo rad would be ideal but there not available in the UK, cant be assed waiting for it to arrive from the US.
batch 1 Tegiwa rads looked fine, it was the 2nd/3rd batch which were a bit dodgy - the ones WITHOUT Tegiwa embossed on the top
MominF
**Trader**

Post by MominF »

Marc_VT wrote:
MominF wrote:Fit a N1 crank pulley which i stupidly forgot to do when the engine was out
whats the benefit of doing this?
MominF wrote:And im still thinking about getting a Aluminium radiator for some bling. The tegiwa ones look like there off S*!t quality from what ive seen and read on the net. A Koyo rad would be ideal but there not available in the UK, cant be assed waiting for it to arrive from the US.
batch 1 Tegiwa rads looked fine, it was the 2nd/3rd batch which were a bit dodgy - the ones WITHOUT Tegiwa embossed on the top
It is lighter as it only has a pulley for the alternator, not 3 like a standard one. Should reduce the rotating mass on the end of the crank but tbh i dont think you'l notice anything with it. Im just fitting it because i already had it lol.

Hmmm, im gonna give tegiwa a miss then. Seen some shockingly bent filler necks on their radiators lol.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

My Tegiwa rad was fine, I think it was one of the first ones though. Just couldn't resist the Koyo from Dan.

The N1 pulleys, I would do a bit more reading up on them tbh, heard a few not being very well balanced. Was the rotating assembly balanced before it was put in?
MominF
**Trader**

Post by MominF »

My N1 pulley was on my old engine for over 10K miles, its caused no ill effects to the engine so im just gonna stick with it on this engine.

Had a couple of hours spare today.

Brake servo painted in a dark metallic grey (Cant remember the colour name, is of a merc). Didnt want to go black as it would have blended in with the engine bay, any other colour would have conflicted with the Red cover and bolts so i chose the grey as it goes with everything, isnt too 'in your face'.

Then fitted it along with a cleaned and painted MC.

Fitted my Hondata S300 with the race axis OBD0-0BD1 harness.

Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Nice ratchet spanner 8)
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

That reminds me, I should really see about getting a couple of parts painted while the engines out :shock:
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Im on it like a car bonnet.

Powdercoaters will be getting another visit from me soon.
chief_67
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by chief_67 »

Who did the bodywork for you. The civic looking good. :D
MominF
**Trader**

Post by MominF »

I would have loved to have gone all out on this car, with powder coating, tucked loom etc but its a daily driver and would have taken too long. My CRX on the other hand is a little special, everything on the car is like new, nothing is used/not refurbished, complete custom made loom, custom water pipe system, custom brake lines etc. Takes a very long time to do it properly.

Bodywork was done by 'Bodyshop customs in batley'. Not cheap tho but everything is PERFECT.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

The paintwork is very good on this, Kanda didn't mess about with that! Black ones are the best.

It looks like it is in very good hands now but Kanda should take a lot of credit for this car. It is different but not OTT.

Momin, get a build up thread going for the Rex.
MominF
**Trader**

Post by MominF »

Yeah, my mate did put his heart in this car and treated it like his kid, and certainly didnt skimp one bit on the bodywork which is why i bought it. Mechanically the car was far from the same level as the bodywork tho, i think he got tired of spending the $$ on it.

Iv spent ALOT of money making it what it is/will be and have replaced most components on the car, it has some very good/rare parts on it now and everything is on a top level :). Everything ive gone for is top notch and nothing has been skimped on.

Will do a build on the CRX once this is out of the way.