Insurance question

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
M8NYG
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Re: Insurance question

Post by M8NYG »

DrCunz wrote:Right after shopping around for insurance and a bit of bartering with insurance companies I have mangaed to be pleasantly surprised by the cost and by the level of cover(well done SKY)
For me to decalre mods and go fully comp with loads of extra's was £405 renewal with sainsburys was £290 so for the extra £105 I feel much happier knowing am covered now.
thanks for all the help and well done Ollie I'd recommend SKY to anyone.

Thats a bargain :shock:
Sick Civic VT OfTeN LiCkEd NeVeR bEaTeN
NickD

Post by NickD »

Anyone who doesn't declare their mods is an idiot, end of story. You might as well not insure the car because if you claim, you could well end up getting sued. Your average Joe would answer the questions his insurance company asked truthfully, to do otherwise would be fraudulent.

I appreciate the occasional mod may not be declared by the man on the street if they didn't know it was a mod, but I don't think anyone on this site could reasonably use that as a defence.
EF Sedan 1.5
B20 VT
CG8 Accord

DNR Tuned
skull-candy18
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by skull-candy18 »

You may get away with things like a head skim, because there not going to whip it off and measure it accurately enough to tell. cams are a bit more visible. But anything that is obviously a modification should be declared. Sorry for sounding rude.
Alex
CRX 1616