Coilovers

Brakes, Suspension, Steering, Handling,
Allkiller
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Coilovers

Post by Allkiller »

Are these D2's the right fitment for my UK 16V ?

Think they are ....need to check :oops:
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

They look right.....have a look at mine.....about 2/3rds down the page: forum/viewtopic.php?t=4828&postdays=0&p ... &start=105
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
Allkiller
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by Allkiller »

Cheers Peter...how do you find the ride ?
looking at getting some asap. what did you pay ?
Steve
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

Personally I really like them alot....and I have the D14A1...which is lighter than the 16V or VT so in reallity that means I get a 'tougher' ride as a consequence.

It handles really, really well...has totally transformed the car's handling...tough ride but not unpleasant or harsh (except for the worst craters....but then all coilovers suffer in that regard).
Good height and damping adjustability (albeit 32 steps in damping isn't needed/pointless and probably would have been better to just have had 15 'clicks' on the dial).
I've done 20K+ miles, no leaks or knocks or corrosion of any kind. Collars are still in good condition too. By choice I probably would get slightly lower spring rates on the GL for daily use...but I can always order these from D2 in future when I decide what I want.
I paid about £500. For the money they are very good IMO. I would also look into MeisterR of course...but I have not personally experienced them first hand yet to pass judgement in relation to D2's. I am happy to recommend D2's based on my experience despite some of the negativity on the internet...I have had no problems with them and to clarify, you can get these re-built if things did go wrong (contrary to internet mutterings).

If you want a test in my GL to see what you think....pop over to Winchester. :wink:
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
Allkiller
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by Allkiller »

Thanks Peter ..i did want Meister R's but i have found a set of D2s cheap and fancied them.
They were trial fited to a CRX, but car was broken ??

I wonder what the spring rates are, as he doesnt seem to know much about them but said they are new, which i always find a little Iffy when buying 2nd hand

need a bit more info me thinks

Might take you up on the test ride 8)
Regards steve