1991 - Civic ED2 Sedan - D14A1

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
EllisG93
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by EllisG93 »

I've got a spare airbox off my 1.6i-16 if you want it bud, thats if it'll fit.?
Awaiting It's B16A1
Aleksandrs
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Aleksandrs »

cryz2 wrote:can you get a better photo of the engine i think i can see the fan wires hot wired up a plug with 2 blue plugs pushed in it ????

next to the battery behind the fan ????? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Yeah that is the rad fan. When I bought it, it had two bare wires pushed into it and taped together, so the AA guy temporarily put the blue connections on but ultimately needed redoing.

I know about the air filter doing nothing. I have a perfectly fine filter sitting in the boot but need to get another airbox.

Thanks for letting me know about the import thing. It has rested my mind a bit.

When we first pulled over, we actually had to tighten the bolt on the passenger side radiator mount!

Other thing I found was the water tank isn't fixed down! You can just pull it out! :/

I'll get a couple more pics of the engine up. Thanks so far guys its been a massive help! If you spot anything dodgy or missing and any idea what I need to put in it, please let me know!

Thanks

EDIT PICS:

That gold bit looks like it should have something attached to it!

Aleksandrs
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Aleksandrs »

cryz2 wrote:this set up would work ,and quite well , but it needs the Hot air by pass from the manifold blocked off ,

as its open from the heat sheild and its just letting in unfiltered air , in to the carbs :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Okay I am confused now, what bits do I need?

Also the reason I want that filter thing to go is because as part of the insurance deal, I have to put a tracker in the car to track my mileage and they check to see if the car is modified in any way and that isn't going to look good.
EllisG93

Post by EllisG93 »

Aleksandrs wrote: boot but need to get another airbox.
I have a spare one cuz i've got an induction kit if you want it.
Awaiting It's B16A1
Louis
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by Louis »

Aleksandrs wrote:
cryz2 wrote:this set up would work ,and quite well , but it needs the Hot air by pass from the manifold blocked off ,

as its open from the heat sheild and its just letting in unfiltered air , in to the carbs :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Okay I am confused now, what bits do I need?

Also the reason I want that filter thing to go is because as part of the insurance deal, I have to put a tracker in the car to track my mileage and they check to see if the car is modified in any way and that isn't going to look good.
WTF??

Honda Civic DX - D16a9 Conversion - 860kgs
Aleksandrs
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Aleksandrs »

im 19 and passed in march. I have tried quotes with SOOO many insurance companies. And the cheapest by HUNDREDS was a company called Coverbox. If I don't drive as much I don't pay as much a month, and if I drive more I have to pay more. Paying 2k for 4k miles a year.

Yes it sucks but I couldn't get any better! Ady Flux, Sky, HIC, Brentacre etc etc. All couldn't beat it or even come close!
EllisG93

Post by EllisG93 »

Wanna send me your address and i'll send you the airbox
Awaiting It's B16A1
Louis
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by Louis »

Aleksandrs wrote:im 19 and passed in march. I have tried quotes with SOOO many insurance companies. And the cheapest by HUNDREDS was a company called Coverbox. If I don't drive as much I don't pay as much a month, and if I drive more I have to pay more. Paying 2k for 4k miles a year.

Yes it sucks but I couldn't get any better! Ady Flux, Sky, HIC, Brentacre etc etc. All couldn't beat it or even come close!
Thats crazy, i passed my test when i was 19 and my first car was a Mk1 CRX, swifly folowed by a Mk2 si Import (both D16 engines, group 12/14 insurance), and that was on 10k a year, fully comp, £2,300

Honda Civic DX - D16a9 Conversion - 860kgs
Aleksandrs
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Aleksandrs »

Who was you with Louis? I have a couple more insurance places I will try tomorrow, so maybe I might get lucky and match 1900 with mods or get lower.

Got some more pics:

Aleksandrs
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Aleksandrs »

EllisG93 wrote:Wanna send me your address and i'll send you the airbox
Is it definitely the airbox bit that I am missing? No idea what my engine bay is supposed to look like :lol:

How much do are you wanting for it?
Aleksandrs
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Aleksandrs »

Also guys, I can't put my key properly into the drivers side door to unlock it.

I have to push the lock down (which is really stiff) and just shut the door then unlock from the passenger side and climb over to unlock all the doors from the drivers side. What would I need to fix this? Cheers
Aleksandrs
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Aleksandrs »

cryz2 wrote:YOU HAVE AN AIR BOX
Righty'o. Thanks anyway Ellis!

PS. Sorry for all the questions guys lol. If this can be sorted then who knows, I may keep it and have it as a rolling project!

Cheers
EllisG93

Post by EllisG93 »

cryz2 wrote:YOU HAVE AN AIR BOX
Yeah but didnt he say the insurance will check for mods and won't that be classed as a mod?
Awaiting It's B16A1
Aleksandrs
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Aleksandrs »

Ohhhh the black box connected to the carbs is the airbox right? So what I really need is the pipes to put a cold air feed back then I can put the filter back in the box.

That is my guess, would I be right in thinking that?

What did you make of the photos? Any idea what I am missing or got the wrong bit of? Cheers
EllisG93

Post by EllisG93 »

Si, can I ask you a question?
Awaiting It's B16A1