New to 4g.

Introduce yourself to the rest of us - what's your car, plans and maybe a little about yourself if you like!
mattj
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

New to 4g.

Post by mattj »

Hi I'm Matt from the North East. Recently bought an ec9 in blue, no idea of the actual colour I'm new to Hondas. Infact every car i've owned so far has been a ford.

Unfortunately it has been crashed by a previous owner and is sporting a black wing and silver bumper. Been looking for a vt front end but seem to be quite hard to come by, unless its because i dont know where to look?

Also had a problem with the suspension, Coilover sleeves have been bought and fitted, Poorly. Upside down and completely wrong and as a result shocks are knackered so i'm looking for some coilovers.

Anyway been signed up a little while and haven't posted, thought it was about time i said hello!
HONDAB88
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by HONDAB88 »

welcome bud, plenty of info here to help you out, i was a ford person myself xr3/2's etc. got fed up with them breaking down! you should have less problems with the honda, your colour is prob. superior blue 8)
mattj

Post by mattj »

Cheers lads.

the CVHs weren't that bad for reliability, the cars were just a bit temperamental lol. I had an rs1600i which ended up having a 2L zetec in and i've still got a s2 turbo in show room condition. It's sitting in my garage atm but the price of a good condition one is going skywards so its no skin off my nose having it sat there lol.

Supreme Blue sounds good to me! Sorry about the pics it was slashing it down.

HONDAB88
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by HONDAB88 »

looks like a nice base, whats your plans?
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Welcome bud looks like a nice little project
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)
mattj

Post by mattj »

Cheers lads! Yeah its pretty clean, theres still metal where there should be metal. N/S/R bottom is starting to develop a little hole, but thats about the worst bit. They've been repaired before and have a little surface rust on atm.

First on the agenda is suspension as at the moment, its safer than it was but i still dont trust it. I have a picture on my phone i'll find it and stick it up later.

second is body work sorting before winter, as i said its a pretty clean shell but i dont think the arches will last another winter.

After that it's some wheels and a b series swap. With it being the twincarb tho im under the impression i'll also need a full dash loom? I'll look into it closer to the time but any help would be appreciated!
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

Hello and welcome! Yea, it's Superior Blue (B47M)....(the best colour IMO :wink: )
Last edited by Oldskool J-EDM on Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
mattj

Post by mattj »

Yeah it wont be till next year sometime till i start thinking about the engine swap. I'm enjoying the carbs alot actually, such a brilliant little car to drive, fuels pretty good as well, amazing compared to the s2 turbo lol.

Was thinking about a cheap ebay special mani and some sort of fast road cam for the time being. Is it easily done? i'm guessing its simple as cam in and carbs set up or is there anything else need doing?

Cheers for the paint code dude.
4th-gen-ken
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by 4th-gen-ken »

Welcome to the site man,
You'll find shed loads of useful info around here..
Good luck with the Project :wink:
91 Civic hatch,
B16a running Obd1,
96 Saloon VTi leather interior,
Crx dash and door cards,
Ef9 skirts and lips,
and loooooooads more.:)
mattj

Post by mattj »

Thank again!

I know where there's a complete d16zc thats had all sorts done to it. Goes really well and the cross over is like nothing ive ever heard lol.

So the d15b cam will go straight in or needs reprofiling? I'm not after massive gains just something to make it a little more fun for the time being.

Cheers for that mate i'll go have a look.
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

cryz2 wrote: or the D16zc Cam hard to find in the uk
I'm sure the concerto got SOHC 1.6 carbs as RustyP was selling one on crx-uk a while back.
Please let us not start calling things by yank terminology and getting it all wrong.
mattj

Post by mattj »

Already starting to get confused haha.
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

Well I am running the JDM D15B cam, (from the 1.5L SOHC CRX)...and have noted a definite improvement in top end fizz. I can can recomend it.
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
mattj

Post by mattj »

Oldskool J-EDM wrote:Well I am running the JDM D15B cam, (from the 1.5L SOHC CRX)...and have noted a definite improvement in top end fizz. I can can recomend it.

So is that coupled with any other mods? ie exhaust / mani? Is it as simple as installing the cam, timing it up and setting the carbs?
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

cryz2 wrote: sorry D16Z1 in the uk twin carbs engine from the concerto

and D16 zc from japan
So same engine, just a name eh ?