Insurance question

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
Optimus
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Insurance question

Post by Optimus »

After my minor prang at the turn of the year, I didn't claim on my insurance, but the guy I hit did. Subsequently my renewal quote came through the other day and my monthly payment has now doubled (up to £42 a month fully comp). I'm going to shop around and see if i can get a better deal, but as I didn't claim does that still mean i have my NCD (or NCB or whatever its called these days)?
Marc_EE9

Re: Insurance question

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Optimus wrote:After my minor prang at the turn of the year, I didn't claim on my insurance, but the guy I hit did. Subsequently my renewal quote came through the other day and my monthly payment has now doubled (up to £42 a month fully comp). I'm going to shop around and see if i can get a better deal, but as I didn't claim does that still mean i have my NCD (or NCB or whatever its called these days)?

whos fault was it?
i would ring your insurance company and put the details straight

they would tell you if you still have your NCB too
Optimus

Post by Optimus »

It was my fault, the insurance company obviously know all the details as the other guy claimed for the repairs and i had to give my side of the story. I'm assuming that as the price has gone up its had an effect on my quote, but as I didn't claim i don't know if I still have my NCB... i guess phoning the insurance company is the easiest thing to do!
grinch
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by grinch »

ONCE someone claims ,you,or,them,it will effect your no claims bonus
grinch
skyinsurance
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by skyinsurance »

You renewal invite will state the level of NCB it is based on.
http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car_clubs.html

20% Discount for club members
EllisG93

Post by EllisG93 »

If its not your fault and you claim off their insurance it generally doesn't affect your NCB but if and claim is made from your insurance you will lose your NCB unless you pay a lil extra per month/year on a thing called protected NCB. Look into itU
Awaiting It's B16A1