EF9 - SOLD

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
grinch
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by grinch »

sounds like a good plan will the front lip fit ,or willl ya have to mod it
grinch
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

grinch wrote:sounds like a good plan will the front lip fit ,or willl ya have to mod it
Will just need to heat it and change it's shape slightly.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

Your sills make me feel physically sick....and that is taking into account your mystery dent. Bastard! :lol: :wink:

Totally awesome but I'm not diggin' the lack of rear wiper...I think it only really works for true form and function...i.e. a stripped out track car.
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Rich4thGen wrote:Nice stuff T, your sills look soooo good. Looking forward to seeing it after the bodyshop
Yeh it should look quite better, will kinda finish her off in the looks department.
Oldskool J-EDM wrote:Your sills make me feel physically sick....and that is taking into account your mystery dent. Bastard! :lol: :wink:

Totally awesome but I'm not diggin' the lack of rear wiper...I think it only really works for true form and function...i.e. a stripped out track car.
Im guessing that dent was under the sill covers from when it came over from Japan. But yeh, the sills are MINT apart from the dent, no rot anywhere and the underseal is still fresh from when they done it at the bodyshop last time round. I was quite relieved to say the least when I whipped the covers off, and of course I broke most of the clips whilst I was at it.

TBH I thought quite a bit about taking the rear wiper off, the only reason I took it off was that once the Chargespeed is on there, it will look quite cluttered, also I wont be using the car as a DD so it wont affect me. Im not going to flush it off, just bung it, so in the future if I feel I need the rear wiper, I can just pop it back on ;)

I appreciate the comments and criticism though.
grinch
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by grinch »

ya dont really need a back wiper ,mines off and i drive my car every day
and ya just dont need it :wink:
grinch
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Back bumper off, was pretty straight forward. Took the lip off too, wanted to see the condition of my bumper bar and I wasn't impressed.

Quite wavy..

...and RUSTY!

So off I went to Honda this morning to order the bumper bar and some other clips, screws etc. Got a nice 10% off my bill too since I mentioned my bodyshop's name ;)

Also got my proper B18C Platinum plugs through the post, they were £35 delivered. A lot more than the amount I last paid for a set of plugs for B16 (£8).

Whilst the back bumper was off, I thought I might aswell give me exhaust a clean and polish to keep it in tiptop condition:

Before...

After a good clean and some Autosol..

..and I tried my SMR bung, just need to drill hole for bung screw

grinch
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by grinch »

wat does it sound like wit the bung in mine sounded crap
grinch
Colin_D13B
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by Colin_D13B »

silencers FTL
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Nice work T that bumper bar is in mint condition compared to the one i took off my old gl, at east all of yours is still there :lol:

Exhaust looks very good might have to clean mine up with some autosol
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)
fasterfasterfaster
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by fasterfasterfaster »

Ya wanna get that dent in the sill sorted T, mine had a BIG dent in the back of the sill when i got it and when i tried to knock it out with a hammer and piece of timber, it went straight out thru it :lol: was all rusted inside where the coating i guess had all cracked!!
If its not broken fook about with it till it is or ya make it better!
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

grinch wrote:wat does it sound like wit the bung in mine sounded crap
I havn't tried it yet, it's only for the long journeys where the loud hummmm does your head in after a while, thats until you drop to 4th and open up the throttle :twisted:
walsh123 wrote:Nice work T that bumper bar is in mint condition compared to the one i took off my old gl, at east all of yours is still there :lol:

Exhaust looks very good might have to clean mine up with some autosol
Fair enough :lol: I was just surprised to see rust on the bumper bar, new one should solve the problem though. Autosol did work a treaton my exhaust though, I might take the rest of the system up and give the piping a scrub and some MOAR Autosol.
fasterfasterfaster wrote:Ya wanna get that dent in the sill sorted T, mine had a BIG dent in the back of the sill when i got it and when i tried to knock it out with a hammer and piece of timber, it went straight out thru it :lol: was all rusted inside where the coating i guess had all cracked!!
Think im going to fill the inside of my sills up with some underseal, im sure someone on here done it before where they filled the sill up with the stuff from inside?

Il see what they can do at the bodyshop with the sill, their panel beater should be able to pull it out, grind, paint and then seal it up.
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Decent job on the exhaust there. :)

Tahir wrote:Think im going to fill the inside of my sills up with some underseal, im sure someone on here done it before where they filled the sill up with the stuff from inside?
Don't use underseal, get some Dynax S-50 and spray that inside.

You can do it yourself, theres a few places where you can stick the hose in and let rip. If you take off the sill covers you will be able to see the holes where you can put the straw in.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

EE9 CVC wrote:You can do it yourself, theres a few places where you can stick the hose in and let rip. If you take off the sill covers you will be able to see the holes where you can put the straw in.
You put the straw in the holes for the sill cover clips?
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Nice to know, will check this Dynax stuff out.
buggs
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by buggs »

going to the mEEt T.??

Wanna see it in real life 8)
1991 Honda Civic 1.6i-VT