anyone lowered on EG/EK coilovers? pics?

Brakes, Suspension, Steering, Handling,
joe f
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

anyone lowered on EG/EK coilovers? pics?

Post by joe f »

just wondering how low EG/EK coilys will go, i'm aware that the EG fronts are 40mm longer, but i'm not looking to plant the car on the floor anyway, more of a 60-80mm drop.

failing that, any links to cheap coilys for EF's, i'm struggling to find any under £500, wheras EG coilys i can find for £300.

cheers, joe.
joe f

Post by joe f »

Cheers, is that all the way down at the front?
Nocturnal
**Trader**

Post by Nocturnal »

I wouldn't go with EG/EK coilovers on an EF unless you know that it will go low enough.
The EF use a much shorter dampers as standard than the EG/EK, so that mean unless that specific brand use the same dampers for the EF and the EG/EK, it won't really sit right on the EF.

D2 might use the same dampers across the civic range and just changes the bracket.

I know MeisterR Zeta-S are completely different as the EF coilovers are bespoke design for the EF Civic/CRX
4GUK Offer: £100 Off MeisterR Zeta-S / Zeta-R Coilovers! <-- Info

MeisterR - Advanced Suspensions
joe f

Post by joe f »

Nocturnal wrote:I wouldn't go with EG/EK coilovers on an EF unless you know that it will go low enough.
The EF use a much shorter dampers as standard than the EG/EK, so that mean unless that specific brand use the same dampers for the EF and the EG/EK, it won't really sit right on the EF.

D2 might use the same dampers across the civic range and just changes the bracket.

I know MeisterR Zeta-S are completely different as the EF coilovers are bespoke design for the EF Civic/CRX
well that's what i'm trying to find out with this topic, whether EG coilys are low enough for me, as i can save £200 if they are.
Nocturnal
**Trader**

Post by Nocturnal »

joe f wrote: well that's what i'm trying to find out with this topic, whether EG coilys are low enough for me, as i can save £200 if they are.
As I have said, it depends on the design.

If you are going to go spend £300 on a set of EG coilovers, they are most likely going to be single perch and in which case, I say 95% it will be too long for the EF.

If you get some dual perch coilovers, then you have a good 50% that it will fit depending on the make and its design.

Just because the coilovers are design for the EG, it doesn't mean all coilovers are the same.
If you stick a set of MeisterR Zeta-S coilovers for the EG next to a set of D2, I can 100% tell you that they will be different as we make the specification bespoke for the EG and I know they will be too long for the EF.
4GUK Offer: £100 Off MeisterR Zeta-S / Zeta-R Coilovers! <-- Info

MeisterR - Advanced Suspensions
NickD

Post by NickD »

However, I have been using single perch KW coilovers on a number of Ef chassis cars over the last 5 years and they have been great. They aren't £300 coilovers, infact they are more than twice that.
EF Sedan 1.5
B20 VT
CG8 Accord

DNR Tuned
louckie
4GUK Donator

SO SUM IT UP

Post by louckie »

Im in the same boat. not kean on lowering springs so !

Coilovers and get raped !

or

EG coilovers and have the pain ove pissin about with them. and to find that i cant deck my car MMMMMMMMMMMMM !

lol the EF coilovers sound good but £500 ! ! ! id sell my mum for that ! LOL LOL LOL
Benny_d_man
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Re: anyone lowered on EG/EK coilovers? pics?

Post by Benny_d_man »

Im in the same boat also, dont know what to do. Ef coilovers are PRICEY!
joe f

Post by joe f »

I got EG racelands in the end.
Go more than low enough but I need to sort my mani out so it can go low.
flatliner
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by flatliner »

I had Raceland coilovers on my EF, they were for EG fitment, so were fitted using EG front forks.
The fronts went fairly low, but the rears sat the car higher than standard!!!
Here's how it sat on the rear uncut lol!

Lots of cutting of springs was needed...

The car sat ok, fairly low but not exactly how i wanted. Worse than anything was the ride quality, it was terrible, not sure whether it's cos of the cut springs or if the coilies are just rubbish, rode better on all standard shocks and heavily cut standard springs!!
This is how it sat with racelands:

I ended up getting Meister R's, for an EF and re-fitted my original forks, expensive but worth every penny IMO