Lock up your stuff!

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
Gizmo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lock up your stuff!

Post by Gizmo »

Just a quick reminder.

Reading this thread - http://www.jdmy0.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6891

Lately round my area, seen alot of this happening.

This morning, i saw a transit tipper with 2 "Kids" (about 10yrs!), Standing on top of the cab looking over fences for scrap! or what they class as scrap! your £1000 B20 engine WILL be taken, and weighed in for all than £10.

Local person here had a bare shell on 4 axle stands in a locked compound, next day found it next to the HUGE gate :shock: They managed to carry it a good 30 meters to the gate, but by the looks of it not get the gate open! Scum!
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Supercharged, VTEC Swapped Track Toy.
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Lifted Daily Beater.
kaeru?
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by kaeru? »

One Man's Treasure is Another Man's Junk... :lol:

Some guys even steal catalytic converters from brand new cars parked on showroom forecourts...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7358543.stm

Shame for them I have no more cat on the EE9 :wink:
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

People that do stuff like that should get the Death sentence.
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

kaeru? wrote:Some guys even steal catalytic converters
CAT's are worth a fortune...and don't come with locking nuts :lol:
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Oldskool J-EDM wrote:

^^^:lol: really i have a few lying around^^^
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

we get the local scrappy/pikeys driving down our road once a week, as they do every other road, and have done since i can remember.

when i had the GL shuttle i broke at home, i had 2 people offer to take it, but asking me while i was outside

and since owning the 4WD, ive had 4 people knock on my door asking to buy it.
now that seriously pisses me off. think they can walk up my drive on my property, and offer to buy a car they will scrap, that isnt even for sale.
cheeky fecks
my house is quite far back from the road, so its not like its an easy spot or anything.

luckily ive been fine. i live in an ok area, and most people know me, so id soon know where my car(s) went if they did go missing, and they would get a bunch of 6'4"+ lads knocking at there door
:twisted:
Danny
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Danny »

Yea, we have a couple a day in my street, which is a quiet little cul de sac.

Luckily for me though, i had the money to build a garage in my back garden, and i concreted from the end of my drive to the garage, so when i work on cars now, its in the back garden, behind a fence and behind my dads high top van so you cant see all my junk!

I do always get nervous when i see them though, its only a matter of time before they find my stuff i spose...
Yea Biznitches
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Danny wrote:Yea, we have a couple a day in my street, which is a quiet little cul de sac.

Luckily for me though, i had the money to build a garage in my back garden, and i concreted from the end of my drive to the garage, so when i work on cars now, its in the back garden, behind a fence and behind my dads high top van so you cant see all my junk!

I do always get nervous when i see them though, its only a matter of time before they find my stuff i spose...
cool, sounds good

you should see my next door neighbours setup. he has a huge double garage in his backgarden, im so jealous :(
example91
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by example91 »

EE9 CVC wrote:People that do stuff like that should get the Death sentence.
nah bring back the stocks! humiliate them in public for days then ten lashes in the public square ha! lets see then if you still wana grab that b20 :D
Theres no school like the old school and im the f*cking headmaster!!
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

I swear I've heard rag n bow being shouted the last couple of weekends. We have had from time to time a transit tipper driving down.
I have stuff out the back of the house next to the garage. It's mostly scrap but some of it is stored like wheels with tyres on.
I'm off on hols for a bit and you guys aint making me feel any more comfortable out it :lol:

I think I'll just throw some more CCTV at it and be done with it. Work has it's uses :lol:
Can stick the shuttle down the side of the house too and it'd be impossible to get anything past it.

Mark, the garage here IS the back garden but it's only 30m sq. I can't actually ge a car into it !
I want double that at the new place at least :)
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

example91 wrote:
EE9 CVC wrote:People that do stuff like that should get the Death sentence.
nah bring back the stocks! humiliate them in public for days then ten lashes in the public square ha! lets see then if you still wana grab that b20 :D
Good Idea
Gizmo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gizmo »

nominous wrote: Can stick the shuttle down the side of the house too and it'd be impossible to get anything past it.
Dont count on it! my Girlfriends parents chucked out an old fridge, quite a big fucker aswell and a washing machine.

Now, they were placed down the drive near the backgarden, with a Freelander, 2 smart cars and a seat ibiza in the way, its quite a tight sqeeze, but when her parents went out for 30 mins to walk to dog, came back, and they had gone :shock:

They would of somehow got them over the top of the cars! imagine if they had dropped the fuckers onto one of them :shock:
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Supercharged, VTEC Swapped Track Toy.
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Lifted Daily Beater.
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

walsh123 wrote:
Oldskool J-EDM wrote:

^^^:lol: really i have a few lying around^^^
my local scrappy will pay £10 for each cat ;)

and these pikeys/people get that bad for scrap they steal lead off church roofs.. :(
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Had some pikey's nick lots of brand new freshly laiden slates from my in law's Barn and Mistle roof. 24 hours CCTV is now in place and on record constantly.

They do come onto my street picking up scrap metal etc

We know them them well, and till this day they haven't took something they shouldn't have took.

Mind you there are some right nasty people on my street so I dont think they would dare.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport