Freedom of speech dead in UK

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Freedom of speech dead in UK

Post by nominous »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8453560.stm

Government to ban Islam4UK under terror laws

So these guys wanted to organise a march in protest at muslims killed in Afganistan.

The UK govt wants to ban the group under anti-terrorism laws.
Which seems more like they disapprove of people protesting against dead soldiers so using powers to ban them for the wrong reasons they were created.

I hope there is some shread of evidence of terrorist activities and it'll lead to some arrests else pretty much consider free speech to be dead in this country.

Effectively, you cannot argue against the establishment or we'll call you terrorist if we don't like what you are doing.
tobiasnugent
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by tobiasnugent »

This country is S*!t. And needs to sort out its boarder issues with who they let in.
fasterfasterfaster

Post by fasterfasterfaster »

Governments mottos go something along the lines of: take away their rights, its for their own good!!!
Tahir

Re: Freedom of speech dead in UK

Post by Tahir »

nominous wrote:Effectively, you cannot argue against the establishment or we'll call you terrorist if we don't like what you are doing.
Well said.

Im not sticking up nobody here, neither have I read into Islam4uk's ideas and methods.

Banning a group just because their ideas/thoughts dont go with yours is a bit sad tbh.

Bring on my 3 month holiday!
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
Chris.p
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Chris.p »

wise words si,

we lost are freedom when the terrorist laws wer introduced, you can now be stopped searched and questions just for 'looking suspisous'.

The media does not help, it only ever tells half of the story. People need to read between the lines, but unfortunetly its seems a large amount of people in the country still take the media as gosple.
the longer I own the 4g the harder it is to let go!
Rich4thGen
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by Rich4thGen »

tobiasnugent wrote:This country is S*!t. And needs to sort out its boarder issues with who they let in.
Spot on - Australia have got the right idea. If you don't have a job you don't get in. The UK is a finite size and cannot continue its current policy without serious degredation to its major services. And due to this, freedom of speech has been effected, with so many people now in the uk, its nearly impossible to say seomthing without someone finding it offensive.
Red EC9 - sold
Red EE9 - sold
Black CRX siR - new toy
widowmaker

Post by widowmaker »

I am turning into a recluse, i hate most people, hate tv, hate politics, hate most things these days - except cool hondas :lol:
merce
4GUK Donator

Post by merce »

cryz2 wrote:
widowmaker wrote:I am turning into a recluse, i hate most people, hate tv, hate politics, hate most things these days - except cool hondas :lol:
Same mate its called getting old :lol:
Amen to that! Roll on JAE!
Rich4thGen

Post by Rich4thGen »

widowmaker wrote:I am turning into a recluse, i hate most people, hate tv, hate politics, hate most things these days - except cool hondas :lol:
ha ha! And you seem to be starting a good little collection!
Red EC9 - sold
Red EE9 - sold
Black CRX siR - new toy
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Rich4thGen wrote:ha ha! And you seem to be starting a good little collection!
Is there something we dont know about? :shock:
widowmaker

Post by widowmaker »

Still got just the 2 :wink:
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Yeh yeh, you and Si both have this secret factor about you.
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

The blatant use and regularity of enforced anti-terrorism laws takes the piss...it has to stop...this country is S*!t. Fracking Labour should be arrested under these anti-terrorism laws if you ask me....oh, and journalism! I am all for freedom of speech...where appropiate, with applied commonsence....but the news doesn't half have some answering to do!
Over the last 100 years....many 'acts of terror' may not have happened if the 'news' didn't exist.

IMO, after being shown some 'radicalists-extremism' footage off the net, I was rather taken back at how crazy it can get....and since then I have revised some of my opinions, and had to conceed that any gaggle of people from any background that have such overwhelming feelings and motivations about a subject matter should not be allowed to 'hang-out' with one another....reinforcing one anothers self concepts and beliefs...nothing good can come of it. In this particular case, this was demonstrated by the collective lack of common sense in deciding to protest with empty coffins in Wootton Bassett....let alone mixing politics on religious pretence..... If it had gone ahead, how would the Muslim-majority feel I wonder? On the otherhand, I hope, as Nominous said, that the Police/law have proof to backup their actions. Yes...freedom of speech is dead in this country....it's now on the net :wink: . Rant over! :lol:
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

The IRA were all supposed to be terrorists, but we gave in and let a whole heck of a lot of them out of gaol where they were being held for murder and bombings.

What, we finally realised we were wrong?

Yeah, there are radical Islamic groups in the UK, undoubtedly.
There are also groups like the Scientologists who have a lot to answer for yet our government lets them get on with it.

But if your views are so precious that you fear them being ridiculed and must protect them at all costs then you have some serious issues with your own beliefs.

Be it religion or ideology or government dictat.
All deserve ridicule and protest against equally.
Democracy is supposed to give you that freedom.
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

Agreed....and don't get me started on Scientology! :lol:

I love the tenacity of these guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iix3k0oPtKI
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image