4guk calendar **UPDATED**

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

SiR-CUE wrote:
marC wrote:
yes maybe, but its the quality and artistic nature of the photo's IMO, not who has the best 4G
Yes i strongly agree with that, but like Nick mention some of the photos do lack the 'quality and artistic nature'.
Possible different angle shots would have been better.

Reason why i suggest voting, that way there is a more of a group/ forum imput, rather then individual preference. Therefore it would be fair on others to decide.
yeh i know what you guys mean, by all means send me photo's, thats what ive asked for. if they are of one you think is good even if its someone elses.
ive tried to do the best i can, i am busy with other things, so thats why i ask people send links/photos to me, as i dont have time to search the forum, therefore people have input

we went through this last year, i believe craig went through the same method as me. and it ended up like this. :roll:
SiR-CUE
4GUK Donator

Post by SiR-CUE »

thats fine , no probs.
just trying to be helpful, giving some friendly advice.

anyway good luck.
HATE THE GAME, NOT THE PLAYER !!
Chris.p
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Chris.p »

I'd nominate one of the bpowered red ed7, theres some quality pics in there

forum/viewtopic.php?t=16807
the longer I own the 4g the harder it is to let go!
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Chris.p wrote:I'd nominate one of the bpowered red ed7, theres some quality pics in there

forum/viewtopic.php?t=16807
yeh there is, but the good quality ones have text over them, so i would need the originals
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

Marc....you've done the best you can. I agree with some of the comments.....but if you had been sent really great pics in the first place (no offence intended to anyone) then you would not be receiving any negative comments. As for voting...if we all sent our very best pics in...then they could be choosen by photographic merit (rather than by member/car)...as previously mentioned.

The only suggestion I would make is that we could have a compilation of smaller pics, like a border/banner or a colllage of the ones that 'didn't make it' to full size print added into the calendar in some way....then everyone could get a pic in...and everyone would be happy. This would take a bit of time to sort out though...so maybe next year.
Last edited by Oldskool J-EDM on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Oldskool J-EDM wrote:Marc....you've done the best you can. I agree with some of the comments.....but if you had been sent really great pics in the first place (no offence intended to anyone) then you would not be recieveing any negative comments. As for voting...if we all sent our very best pics in...then they could be choosen by photographic merit (rather than by member/car)...as previously mentioned.
Not at all... I've done the best I can in this short time, with what I have. Different pictures can change the whole thing. ;)
There are things I can do to improve it, and I will try to do so. But I seriously need this hi-res 4G logo.
Oldskool J-EDM wrote:The only suggestion I would make is that we could have a compilation of smaller pics, like a border/banner or a colllage of the ones that 'didn't make it' to full size print added into the calendar in some way....then everyone could get a pic in...and everyone would be happy. This would take a bit of time to sort out though...so maybe next year.
Yeh that's what I wanted to do, but which picture do I take out? I also wanted to put a few cars on the front cover for that same reason.
Chris.p
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Chris.p »

Could have an extra page on back with mash up of lots of different smaller pictures the small one's wouldnt need to be such hi res either woud they?, would this effect printing cost hugely having the extra page?
the longer I own the 4g the harder it is to let go!
SiR-CUE
4GUK Donator

Post by SiR-CUE »

Chris.p wrote:Could have an extra page on back with mash up of lots of different smaller pictures the small one's wouldnt need to be such hi res either woud they?, would this effect printing cost hugely having the extra page?
:idea: , just an idea, so no need to get angry, .. you could use (smaller) pictures of other members car as in each day, for example,
so therefore 30 / 31 extra pics.
HATE THE GAME, NOT THE PLAYER !!
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

Chris.p wrote: would this effect printing cost hugely having the extra page?
Probably effect it in some way.....hence I suggested adding them as a border/collage or something to the pages that already exist.

Marc...I was indeed refering to the short time frame and the images supplied (not your abilities as a whole...lol)...with that in mind, I think youv'e done a pretty good job.
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

SiR-CUE wrote: you could use (smaller) pictures of other members car as in each day, for example,
so therefore 30 / 31 extra pics.
This is what I am getting at.....and everyone would get there pic in the calendar that way and hence we'd all be happy
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
Gizmo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gizmo »

But what your doing there is compromising Quality For Quantity.
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Supercharged, VTEC Swapped Track Toy.
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Lifted Daily Beater.
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

Gizmo wrote:But what your doing there is compromising Quality For Quantity.
Brrr...please read again. Best pics nice n big........the rest added in some otherway, e.g. for each day as Cue suggested.....rather than not at all.
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

Right I feel I need to step in.

Firstly, Marc awesome job and it looks great! I'd be happy to email over a hi-res logo to make it 4GUK official 2010 Calendar.

Hi res is essential low res will look pap, anything over scaled will affect the final look even if it looks good tiny.

I would like to take prepayments this year as last year it landed up on a loss possibly just breaking even and I do not want this happening again, basically working on a prepay basis means funds can be refunded if we do not make enough to cover the print bill.

Last year I put up £130 of my own hard earned cash for 25 calendars after enough people put their names down then I did not sell them all.

So if you want one, payment needs to be made first. I'd suggest we find a printer...

I have a quote from one of my regular printers who will do a 25 170gm A4 Coil bound Calendar for £114

or there's these guys... http://www.think-ink.co.uk/calendars.aspx about £80

So I'd say it will be £15/cal maybe offering a discount if you order two as we did last year. When you look at the 70p odd stamp and hard board back envelope etc.

If anyone else can find something cheaper do shout up!

Sorry to butt in hope it helps.

Marc email me at keakreative@gmail.com and I will reply with the logo ASAP please don't find this out of your own pocket unless you know you can balance the funds!
EDIT *Melbourne Blue Shuttle Crew
Superior Blue Shuttle Crew
EE17 Superior Shuttle
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Thanks Craig, I was hoping you would add some input to the thread. £114 for 25 sounds great. Maybe DavidT can get them even cheaper?

I'll send you an e-mail now dude... ;)

I am quite happy to front the cash for this too ;)
davidT
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by davidT »

Marc il get the quote today and let you no. Should be a good price tho as he wont charge for anything but the paper etc he uses!