Anybody ever built a k20 EF ?

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
K20-EF9
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by K20-EF9 »

Tahir wrote:YOUR K20 EF9 ROCKS DUDE.

8)
thanks man ..I like your ef9 too reminds me of my old b18c one .... :D
tobiasnugent
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by tobiasnugent »

well i have been doing alot of reading up on it. And more or less every part is available from america to do the swap with very minimal fabrication. And i have not read anything about the sumps mhmm
K20-EF9
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by K20-EF9 »

tobiasnugent wrote:well i have been doing alot of reading up on it. And more or less every part is available from america to do the swap with very minimal fabrication. And i have not read anything about the sumps mhmm
in ef9's or usdm models? course there not goin to tell you the difficulties you will encounter they want you to purchase there products....but look sure what do I know ..... I only own one :roll:
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

K20-EF9 - How much room is there above the intake manifold? Reason I ask is if I was going to do a K20 conversion at some point I would like to fit a superchrager to it, I was just wondering if it would be possible at all.
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

I think what you are not quite getting is that the EF9 is a RHD model civic with the pedal box, brake booster, fuel lines, engine mounts, wiring all in the wrong place to a LHD for which the kit was designed.

I know when Scott stuck a K20 into his crx vtec he had a lot of problems with fitment, at one time sporting a hole cut into the bonnet for the pulley of the alternator to "fit" into the engine bay.
That needed mods (I'm not sure but suspect it was to fabricate a new pulley and mount!) to pull it back down under the bonnet.

I'm sure there was a LOT more besides.
K20-EF9
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by K20-EF9 »

EE9 CVC wrote:K20-EF9 - How much room is there above the intake manifold? Reason I ask is if I was going to do a K20 conversion at some point I would like to fit a superchrager to it, I was just wondering if it would be possible at all.
you can get a supercharger setup that fits to the right hand side of block which will fit no prob ....but space is very tight you wouldnt fit set of normal k20 ITB's there without cutting hole in bonnet.....although I have heard of a tuner making a custom slider itbs that did work ..... Trackday performance in wicklow might be able to make up something to work so I might get on to them as was goin to go down that route possibly in future . NA all the way lol
tobiasnugent

Post by tobiasnugent »

Okey then, just think i have read a fair few right hand build ups. And you can get an alternator relocater kit etc. I would be putting it into a 16i16 dont know if tha tmakes much difference.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

It would be an easier fit into a D series chassis. Most of the swap parts that are made in the States are intended for a D series chassis, they never got the 4th gen with a B series as stock.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
tobiasnugent

Post by tobiasnugent »

Tahir wrote:It would be an easier fit into a D series chassis. Most of the swap parts that are made in the States are intended for a D series chassis, they never got the 4th gen with a B series as stock.
makes more sense now then haha! There doesnt appear to be much cutting/welding etc needed tbh. But may be wrong :oops:
dida4g

Post by dida4g »

Or you could just buy a K20 EF9 from Japan and make everyone think you've built it.
2000 CRV Camel Trophy Edition
2009 Kia Pro Ceed 3 1.6 crdi
K20-EF9
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by K20-EF9 »

dida4g wrote:Or you could just buy a K20 EF9 from Japan and make everyone think you've built it.
I dont think there is any built over there lad and if they are they must be well hidin as there is never any for sale...there is never any eg k20 let alone a ef9 k20 for sale over there.....they dont really beleive in them they rather the b18c swaps for track use .... I know of a few k20egs but are never for sale over there most famous is probably spoons example....
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

dida4g wrote:Or you could just buy a K20 EF9 from Japan and make everyone think you've built it.
Ever seen one for sale? A link would be nice :wink:
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport