Hows it goin folks ?

Introduce yourself to the rest of us - what's your car, plans and maybe a little about yourself if you like!
K20-EF9
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Hows it goin folks ?

Post by K20-EF9 »

Hey people just said id introduce myself...names Anthony drive an EF9 currently running k20 engine dc5 gearbox and kPRO ecu....havent drivin the car in months was away for a year also in scotland so really hasnt seen much of road since was built ..... will wait a little while before sticking up project thread or thread for car until I have it completely the way I want recent change were to the exterior styling, suspension setup and chassis stiffening.....cage new tyres and possibly new rims keep changing my mind on which set to stick with......will be needing a remap once fit rbc intake mani ...hopefully have her ready for track come february

Site looks great cant wait to explore it

Little pic of my car

(Not good quality off my phone lol also bumper is just resting in place not fitted properly as had just fitted J's Racing Front lip)

cheers
Last edited by K20-EF9 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gizmo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gizmo »

Looking good! Was this on eBay a while back?
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Supercharged, VTEC Swapped Track Toy.
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Lifted Daily Beater.
K20-EF9
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by K20-EF9 »

Gizmo wrote:Looking good! Was this on eBay a while back?
Nope sure wasnt .only time I had it advertised was up on pistonheads a year ago when I was away in scotland for a laugh had no intention of selling just wanted to see the interest in it....got a alot of cash offers around the asking price even to the stage when I raised the price by a grand or 2 so to see if the offers kept coming and to my pleasent surprise they did but still wouldnt sell it as is costing me alot lot more.....
Last edited by K20-EF9 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K20-EF9
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by K20-EF9 »

cryz2 wrote:welcome !!!!! looks lush !!!!!!

si
thanks lad !
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

welcome to the site!

i think you are the first 4G owner on the site with a K20, congrats :lol:
K20-EF9
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by K20-EF9 »

marC wrote:welcome to the site!

i think you are the first 4G owner on the site with a K20, congrats :lol:
cheers mate.....id say il hold that title for some time to come especially for ef9 anyway...pure hardship conversion to do haha

Site looks great lads....really liking the product review section must add a few items myself
sheraz
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by sheraz »

welcome to the site the ef9 looks insane
mooser
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by mooser »

welcome to the site thats some toy youve got i mind seeing it on pistonheads ages ago it must go some :twisted:
You can Turbo a V-tec, But you can't V-tec a Turbo!
tobiasnugent

Post by tobiasnugent »

I shall be the second next year! Damn being beaten too it! I know were to come to ask questions now ;)
Jared
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Jared »

welcome to the sit man

WOW that is one sweeeet civic man love it i bet that fuckin shifts aswell
more pics :D
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

That is just awesome.

Im kinda speechless.

I wish I had the skills and the money to do this to mine.

I know you probably haven't tracked it or dragged it yet but it will be interesting to see what kinda times it puts down on the 1/4 if you ever do.

Hows does the K20 feel in the EF9? Have you been in a B18 or B20 EF to compare ??

Id love to go in this, my wish should come true soon (or in a few years times) when Dan's is done!

p.s. if only it was black :lol:
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Nice EF 8)

This was built by Icetronix wasn't it? I heard they won't do another one now as its too much hassle.

If you are ever up near my way, let me know. (Its Kilkenny you live isn't it?) I'd love to have a good look at a k20 EF.

I was considering a K20 EF if I decide against a 240Z, would be an expensive buid though, If I included things like a drysump and Sequntial Gearbox.

Tahir wrote:Hows does the K20 feel in the EF9? Have you been in a B18 or B20 EF to compare ??
I'm pretty sure he's had a B18C EF.

I'd be interested in how they compare also.
Last edited by EE9 CVC on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
sabvtivtec
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by sabvtivtec »

welcome
your car is evil man, love it
K20-EF9
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by K20-EF9 »

@ Tahir yah man Ive imported a good few ef9's.had normal b16 and a b18c5 one among them.... the b18c one was ridiculously fast had lot of head work and aftermarket ecu along with all the usual bits its used a one of main time attack cars in ireland last ive seen it...id like to race him now in mondello at some stage in the new year to see how the two compare....the torque is unreal in the k20 serious power alrite defo more than the tuned b18c but not so sure how it will handle on track with this engine as opposed to b series setup.....time will tell haha

PS I Love black too will build another b18c ef9 in future which will be black best of both worlds ha

@ee9 no man nothing got to do with icetronics they didnt touch the car alot of parts were got through them for the conversion alrite though... and yes your right this is the car why they will refuse to do any k20 swaps as they know how difficult it was to build ... car was started by a guy who used to work for them thats how you may have thought they did it..anyways he lost interest in it as he couldnt get it right and I bought it from him after selling my b18c ef9 a week before hand and I finished it.....when i say finished it I mean nearly changed everything haha was alot to be done for it to work smoothly and to get it to look like it is today and Im still not finished with it....taking my time but sure if somethings worth doing its worth doing right

Yah man Im from Kilkenny ... but most likely this ef9 wont see the road too often as il be using it as track car so dont be shy if you see it at mondello in the not too distant future and say hello haha

@everyone thanks for all the nice comments :D :lol: :P
Last edited by K20-EF9 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

The white one with the blue trims and wheels, was that yours aswell.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport