Anybody ever built a k20 EF ?

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

davidT wrote:i think if you build a 4g an k20 it you would get most of the money back you see k20 eg's going for around £7000! ive been looking into this a fair bit but the only place that sells mounts i can see is innovite? i though hassport would of done them aswel?
If the EG was done properly (at least to my standards) then theres no way £7k would get me my money back.

But if you are only interested in getting your money back then don't bother doing it in the first place.
davidT
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by davidT »

tbh im not going to sell mine once its done cause i no i will have build it from the ground up!plus like you say the money going into mine theres no way you would get it back!
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

davidT wrote:tbh im not going to sell mine once its done
Likewise, I'll have mine forever :lol: Put too much time, effort and money into it now to sell it and get way less than its worth for it. Would be pointless to sell it, plus I can't see why I would want to, it can be number one in my car oldschool collection.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

EE9 CVC wrote:
davidT wrote:tbh im not going to sell mine once its done
Likewise, I'll have mine forever :lol: Put too much time, effort and money into it now to sell it and get way less than its worth for it. Would be pointless to sell it, plus I can't see why I would want to, it can be number one in my car oldschool collection.
x2
they will be worth a lot more in 10 years time (if you did sell)

B16 all the way for me. im not a fan of engine transplants
tobiasnugent
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by tobiasnugent »

i aware that your not going to get your money back but i dont think its something you would sell on in hurry any way! You would definatly keep it for a long time. And if you got bored you could just super charge it 8)
davidT
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by davidT »

did the guys at tegiwa imports ever get there k20 supercharged crx running? i remember seeing it when i went down with Lloydsir to pick up his ef9.
WELLZ
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by WELLZ »

davidT wrote:did the guys at tegiwa imports ever get there k20 supercharged crx running? i remember seeing it when i went down with Lloydsir to pick up his ef9.
Nope, the supercharger is currently on their EP3
'90 B16B ED7! - SOLD :(
'96 Subaru Impreza WRX V-Limited
RANJ88
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by RANJ88 »

davidT wrote:did the guys at tegiwa imports ever get there k20 supercharged crx running? i remember seeing it when i went down with Lloydsir to pick up his ef9.
Not that i know of, they've got a K20 DC2 now though
K20 CRX
davidT
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by davidT »

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1040

that link tells you everything that you need! its easyer if you use an i16 chassis tho as the vt/sir chassis is harder to position the new engine mounts! Also you would need to check with hassport if it has been changed yet but with the engine mount kit you buy the rear engine mount wont fit a uk vt/sir? you need to get another from an eg! This may have been sorted now tho. Must be because they were designed around the US market.
tobiasnugent

Post by tobiasnugent »

it will be going into an i16 so thats always a plus lol!
Dan

Post by Dan »

What sort of money is a k20 and gearbox these days?

Not ebay prices, but real world prices?

And will they become cheaaper in the future or will they hold their value a bit like the ITR engines?
K20-EF9
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by K20-EF9 »

I own the K20 Ef9 in the link .... all I say is that it can be done...but unless your willing to be fully dedicated to it and be willing fork out a fortune for it dont waste your time......Mine is the only Jdm EF9 with K20 conversion in Ireland and Uk as far as I know...there is an awful amount of custom fabrication involved in the swap....and will likely cost you double than that of a similar swap in an ek or eg simply because of this and even triple if you get someone else to do the work as it will be very time consuming......the sump and rocker cover sit a bit low and high respectively and should be considered in the scheme of things if you want it for everyday use or just track use etc...lets face it a k20 ef is not suitable for an everyday car or even on the road atal unless you want to have it going around with the road clearance of a tractor...of course you can drive it on the road but your sump wont last long if you encounter road works or speed bumps regularly esp as its made from aluminium.....a way around this is maybe getting a dry sump setup but these cost a fortune up near 3-4k alone for a dacent one

Hope this helps
tobiasnugent

Post by tobiasnugent »

K20-EF9 wrote:I own the K20 Ef9 in the link .... all I say is that it can be done...but unless your willing to be fully dedicated to it and be willing fork out a fortune for it dont waste your time......Mine is the only Jdm EF9 with K20 conversion in Ireland and Uk as far as I know...there is an awful amount of custom fabrication involved in the swap....and will likely cost you double than that of a similar swap in an ek or eg simply because of this and even triple if you get someone else to do the work as it will be very time consuming......the sump and rocker cover sit a bit low and high respectively and should be considered in the scheme of things if you want it for everyday use or just track use etc...lets face it a k20 ef is not suitable for an everyday car or even on the road atal unless you want to have it going around with the road clearance of a tractor...of course you can drive it on the road but your sump wont last long if you encounter road works or speed bumps regularly esp as its made from aluminium.....a way around this is maybe getting a dry sump setup but these cost a fortune up near 3-4k alone for a dacent one

Hope this helps
People in america rock k20 EFs as there every day cars. Its quite a common thing over there. How do they cope ?
K20-EF9
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by K20-EF9 »

tobiasnugent wrote:
K20-EF9 wrote:I own the K20 Ef9 in the link .... all I say is that it can be done...but unless your willing to be fully dedicated to it and be willing fork out a fortune for it dont waste your time......Mine is the only Jdm EF9 with K20 conversion in Ireland and Uk as far as I know...there is an awful amount of custom fabrication involved in the swap....and will likely cost you double than that of a similar swap in an ek or eg simply because of this and even triple if you get someone else to do the work as it will be very time consuming......the sump and rocker cover sit a bit low and high respectively and should be considered in the scheme of things if you want it for everyday use or just track use etc...lets face it a k20 ef is not suitable for an everyday car or even on the road atal unless you want to have it going around with the road clearance of a tractor...of course you can drive it on the road but your sump wont last long if you encounter road works or speed bumps regularly esp as its made from aluminium.....a way around this is maybe getting a dry sump setup but these cost a fortune up near 3-4k alone for a dacent one

Hope this helps
People in america rock k20 EFs as there every day cars. Its quite a common thing over there. How do they cope ?
Either they are driving round with the car at a normal ride height or else just extremely good roads lol......seriously though man if you want to slam your ef and drive it everyday with a k20 you can expect fork out for a new sump from honda on a regular basis.....i dunno about you but I like having my car pretty dam low so im just going to track it instead (which was always the plan) and just bring it to shows and meets etc but if you expect everyday use you may forget about it better off going the b18c route
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

YOUR K20 EF9 ROCKS DUDE.

8)
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport