A9 CVC - My EE9 2.0i-VT - Now with 243hp B20

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

It's a very highly recommended ProSpeed system and a DC Sports 4-1 Stainless steel header.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

example91 wrote:... and when it rains all that hard work will be gone :P .
I only polsihed the axelback section, I've always kept that bit polished on my current exhaust, its not that hard to keep clean, I also wash it every time I wash the car.

looks good though dude! what make is the manifold and exhaust?
Thanks, Its like a work of art isn't it. :D

Manifold is a DC Sports and the Exhaust is a Custom one by Prospeed.
example91
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by example91 »

it is indeed :D.

ah nice, have you ran the car with the manifold yet? if so what differences in noise have you noticed? reason me asking is when i put on a 4-1 it actually sounded like my car was running open from the head, although there was no leaks etc and 02 sensors wired in correctly :? . unless it was my system or a cheap manifold!
Theres no school like the old school and im the f*cking headmaster!!
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Tahir wrote:IMO it will take about 2 weeks of daily driving for this exhaust to give it's final and intended tone.

Once it has settled it will sound awesome, mine sounds like a motorbike with vtec on WOT 8)
Yeah, will probably take about two weeks, I really can't wait to hear it, I could listen to a nice engine/car/exhaust all day. I want to hear her scream at 9000RPM 8) Or 9195 if I'm feeling Bad :lol:

No bother about getting it made for you, thats what we are here for right, to help one another? :D
Exactly, this forum is about helping each other out, but You still deserve a thanks. :D

example91 wrote:ah nice, have you ran the car with the manifold yet? if so what differences in noise have you noticed?
Not with the new one yet as it won't fit with the current system and I had to wait for this to come. But the 4-1 thats on there at the moment made my exhaust a good bit louder (in a nice way) also made a Huge difference to power above 5000rpm.

I'll get some videos up once its all bedded in, 9000RPM flyby :twisted:
example91
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by example91 »

hehe sounds good! :D
Theres no school like the old school and im the f*cking headmaster!!
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

EE9 CVC wrote:I'll get some videos up once its all bedded in, 9000RPM flyby :twisted:
:top:
Knite Force
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Knite Force »

Tahir wrote:
EE9 CVC wrote:I'll get some videos up once its all bedded in, 9000RPM flyby :twisted:
:top:
:top::top::top:
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

ive stopped getting email notifications for your thread Ian.

Exhaust looks spot on! :top: 8)

Think I'm definately going to ProSpeed for mine, who should also be able to weld a 2.25" collector onto my DC manifold.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Marc_VT wrote:...... who should also be able to weld a 2.25" collector onto my DC manifold.
Without doubt, and he'll do a bloody good job of it too.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

8) 8)
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Tahir wrote:8) 8)
Looks like Tahir can predict the future. :lol:

The Exhaust

Went about changing my exhaust sysytem over today.

We had to get a TVR which had just had an engine swap, finished so I could get my car on the lift so the first thing I did was to help finish that. I can tell you TVR's are a real real pita to work on, lots of tight fiddly little spaces :x , it took me ages to put the starter motor and the spark plugs in her. But it was good fun too, its not every day you get to work on a TVR, she was splitting flames when we revved her after letting her warm up to bleed and the ITB's are :twisted:

Anyway, it was off the lift with that and on with mine.

I took the radiator off, took the old exhaust and manifold off, fitted the new manifold and o2 sensors. I got Alan to weld a think ss plate onto the manifold to stop her getting dented. We had a problem that the tip on his TIG had a small split in it, but he did a good job considering.

We then put the exhaust on, it needed some altering as it wasn't made on my car so wasn't quite right, nothing major though so we got there in the end after a few up and downs getting things right. I even managed to clean and re-underseal the bottom of the car. (not pictured)

I forgot to get photos once it was properly in place but you'll get the idea from these.

Check out the engine in the background.!

I then fired her up, :D She sounds absoloutly awesome, best civic I have heard for sure, Really smoothe, rasp free and crisp sound. I couldn't be happier. :D :D Sounds easily better than that TVR Imo.

Not only does she sound great but its transformed the car, it feels smoother and revs far better and quicker, when I blip it in neaural the revs fly up way quicker than before. Sounds totaly :twisted: :twisted: in VTEC and above 6000rpm to the limiter at 9200 is just eargasmic. :D

I just hope it dry tomorrow as the car is bogging so needs a wash, I also need to clean the inside, the engine bay and polish the exhaust, then I'll get a few more photos. I also want to take it for a run in the dry so I don't end up just sitting there in third gear looking for grip. :lol: :roll:
Rich4thGen
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by Rich4thGen »

just awesome buddy. Get a vid up so we can hear what she sounds like!
Red EC9 - sold
Red EE9 - sold
Black CRX siR - new toy
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

I told you they are awesome exhausts. Im glad it's got your approval because I know how high your standards are mate.

Add to that an AEM V2 with a massive HKS filter and you know roughly what mine sounds like on the limiter 8)
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Rich4thGen wrote:just awesome buddy. Get a vid up so we can hear what she sounds like!
Thanks, I haven't stopped smiling since :D :lol:

I hope to get some videos up, just need a good dry night and I'll do some flybys or something. :wink:

Tahir wrote:I told you they are awesome exhausts. Im glad it's got your approval because I know how high your standards are mate.
I do have very high standards but this meets them, it wasn't perfect, it needed some adjusting and it also was hitting my sway bar but I can't hold that against him as he didn't have my car there to work on.

Add to that an AEM V2 with a massive HKS filter and you know roughly what mine sounds like on the limiter 8)
My intake might not be as good quaility as an AEM but it still sounds the job, I will be updating my intake sometime though, AEM is tempting, problem is whatever I get the bumper is going to have to be cut. :cry:

VTEC is now crazy :twisted: :twisted:
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Not got a chance to get any vids yet, not had miuch luck with the weather.

I noticed a very strong smell of fuel recently but just put it down to some of the work I did in the engine bay, but when I filled up last night and noticed that after just 20 miles the feul had droopped a lot.

I had a look round the car and nocied fuel pissing out to the left of the fuel tank :shock: I took the cover off and round a very badly rusted pipe with a jet of fuel coming out of it. While examining it it just shattered, I was quite worried but I managed to repair it with some braided hose for now, I'll need to get it fixed properly some how but I'm just glad I noticed it.