A 1.6i-16: The Beginning

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Looks to be in good condition.

Looks very hardcore stripped out.
EF_Russ
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by EF_Russ »

DISASTER!!!!! :evil:

Today was the big day, got my insurance sorted, got my tax, gave the car a service, fitted my altenator (Big thanks to SiR-CUE, cheap, super fast delivery and part working perfectly) Run the car up for the first time in 4 months, everything was sweet as a nut. Went out for my first drive in what felt like a lifetime, the car was warm the weather was good and then......... First time of putting my foot down, the car was struggling and bogging down towards the 5000rpm range, and it now seems as if the car has lost oil pressure and is not sounding good at all!!! Sods Fucking Law!!!!
So now instead of driving around enjoying 4G life, i'm sitting in skint as feck after spending all my money getting it back on the road and deciding what i'm now gonna do? I'm contemplating just buying a cheap GL runaround, and just going all out on the 16 16 over the next year. Full respray and body work sorted, weld in roll cage and full engine conversion (been thinking about sticking a ITG lump in 8) )
So until i've decided what to do, there's not gonna be much progress on this particular "Projects Section" :cry:
'91 ED7 (Black) 8)
KrazyCivic_91
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by KrazyCivic_91 »

Sad to hear that happening to you after waiting that long to drive it again! Hopefully you can get it sorted again mate
dida4g

Post by dida4g »

Clean the rotor arm wth flat headed screwdriver, give the dizzy a clean out with WD40, spray the leads too.
2000 CRV Camel Trophy Edition
2009 Kia Pro Ceed 3 1.6 crdi
Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

Post by Ben_theEFking »

dida4g wrote:Clean the rotor arm wth flat headed screwdriver, give the dizzy a clean out with WD40, spray the leads too.
I think its far more terminal than that Kev, I heard it yesterday and theres a heavy knock coming from the engine. Doesnt sound healthy at all, and gets very hot very quick.

Like Russ said, sounds like an oil pump failure as when its idling the oil pressure light flickers, as soon as the revs increase slightly it goes off. May be not a complete failure but i dont the the oil pump is very healthy! :cry:

Bad times Russ, dont worry though mate, we`ll fix her up!
91' Civic EE9 I-VT
Soldier456
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by Soldier456 »

Is this the one i swa outside ben's house when i picked up his silver 4G?
Looked super clean, and a really vibrant red!
EF_Russ
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by EF_Russ »

Soldier456 wrote:Is this the one i swa outside ben's house when i picked up his silver 4G?
Think so mate, I'm usually round Ben's and think I remember being there when his silver one went. Unfortunately the trees out the front of my house go crazy this time of year so it gets covered in a million white dots, and makes it look terrible :x And on top of that the engine has just died, but after spending the whole weekend absolutely gutted, I'm now going to look at it as an excuse to fully re-do the WHOLE car! 8) Engine out by this weekend!!!
'91 ED7 (Black) 8)
Soldier456

Post by Soldier456 »

EF_Russ wrote:
Soldier456 wrote:Is this the one i swa outside ben's house when i picked up his silver 4G?
Think so mate, I'm usually round Ben's and think I remember being there when his silver one went. Unfortunately the trees out the front of my house go crazy this time of year so it gets covered in a million white dots, and makes it look terrible :x And on top of that the engine has just died, but after spending the whole weekend absolutely gutted, I'm now going to look at it as an excuse to fully re-do the WHOLE car! 8) Engine out by this weekend!!!
:top: