My new car

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

My new car

Post by browndk04 »

I thought i'd let you guys see my new car that i've now had for 2/3 months :P It's a 1997 civic coupe with the 1.6 single cam engine. It came with a few modifications like Tein basic coilovers, lightly tinted rear glass and 20% tinted front, em1 alloys, ek9 cup holders 8) and genuine honda wind deflectors I've done a few things since buying it. Changed the seats to my racespex (recaro copies) reclining buckets, changed the manifold to my 4/2/1 from my old civic, drilled the air box, replaced the front tyres with toyo tr1's, replaced the bean can backbox with a smaller nicer sounding one and finally i've raised the coilovers up 15mm at the back and 25mm at the front. Much more suitable for the roads around here.

Driving this car is great as it's more civilised and comfy than my last cars. Although it's not the fastest thing on the planet it still has some pull and i think it makes up for it in looks :) Unfortunately it is up for sale as i need to downsize after loosing my job. I'm not in a rush to sell as my insurance is paid until October plus the car has a long MOT and is taxed until May. However if the right offer comes along i will accept. I'll say £1500 ono

It has 121,000 miles
There are a couple small parking dints and the driver cv joint will need replaced soon but these are the only faults i can think of. Cheers

Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Looks very JDM yO!

8)
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

those seats look great, what are they like compared to the Recaro's?
the centre back piece looks slightly different
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

There just as comfy as recaros but cost a little less. The genral shape is the same but your right some of the trimming is different. A mate imported them from America last year and sold them to me when he sold his car 8)
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

Fitted a new air filter today and i've swapped some old wheels for some black 17s. Should look pimpin' 8)