B18c EG6 SiR-S.

Other projects here! Automotive or Non Automotive!
mattj
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

B18c EG6 SiR-S.

Post by mattj »

Picked up this car as a shell recently, was been broken for parts, just managed to save it in time before it went to Honda Heaven.

It is a genuine SiR-S in Milano red, and has 62k miles on the clock.

I didn't take any pictures of it when I picked it up, but only when i'd put it back together and got it home. It had no bumpers on the car, no lights, and some nasty Concerto alloys on 2 wheel nuts. The original engine had already been pulled out, and most of the engine bay components, clutch line, fuel filter braket, washer lines even. Things along those lines that weren't massive issues, just annoying issues to sort when I didn't really need too.

Unfortunately, the previous owner caught his wall reversing onto his drive with the drivers wing and door, casing a bit of damage. i have a replacement wing, and door, in Milano red, though as usual they're not the same colour.

The front bumper is also beyond help. It's had a J's duct stickaflexed on, which has been removed. The fog light is therefore missing, and the bumper has sticker flex coated to it. I have an Eg2k bumper, with BYS lip to go on, but that's in yellow. The car will go in for paint with the new wing and door shortly.

I bought a set of fat fives the same day I picked the car up. I'm not, or wasn't, a huge fan of these wheels. They were the standard wheels for the car though, and the idea was to return it to a close to OEM as possible, with a few subtle mods.

Day I got it home:

I'd already decided by this point to break the Dc2, and pillage most of the parts for the EG. The Motor, box, suspension and seats were put into the EG, over the course of a weekend.

The aircon pump was removed while the engine was out. The alt / PAS belt were both changed also. The water pump had been done recently, as had the cambelt. The engine milage from the DC2 is presently 91k, and the cam belt was done at 60.

All done and back on the floor.

Once it was all running perfectly with no codes ((3 / 20), Previously had Hondata, and a separate MAP plug was hard wired into the interior loom, the engine one was linked out, so it was ignoring the one from the dc2 engine loom. Found it eventually, extended it and plugged it in, runs like a champ.)a few mods were done.

Original seats to come out. Very comfy, but a high driving position.

Teg seats were wet vaxed

and came up close to new, not 100% though obviously, there is still wear.

Driver's side out and hoovered

Teg seat in

Passenger side

All back together

Fitted a KPH / MPH converter. Driving as little as possible while still in KPH so as not to ruin the mileage of the car. (photo's blurry as hell, was cold and I was sat in the engine bay soldering lol)

Found some OEM headlight protectors at a good price, so I snapped them up, cleaned them up and fitted.

Spec.

SiR-S standard trim.
Keyless entry
Zenkei interior
power fold mirrors
Charcoal colour bump strips.

B18c swap.
'mugen' airbox mod
ITR linkages / shifter
ITR gearknob
ITR shocks
Eibach 40mm springs.
ITR B pipe
EK9 backbox.

Unknown brand suede wheel.
ITR Recaro Speed seats.
Honda Access floor mats
Fat fives / T1R
OEM headlight protectors.

Plans are:

Steering wheel to be replaced (waiting on ebay postage)
eg2k bumper
BYS front lip.
wing / door damage fixed.
bumper / door / wing painted.

Probably more that i'll do, but not thought that far on yet.
Last edited by mattj on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
perfectionist
4GUK Donator

Re: B18c EG6 SiR-S.

Post by perfectionist »

8)
A person who wants everything to be perfect and demands the highest standards possible.

Friends call me Nas ;)
R3H4N
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by R3H4N »

Woah that looks neat! Especialy with the b18c in it now :D
Iv always wondered whats the dofferance between the sir-s and a normal sir? I remember my brother having a black one some time ago but it just looked like a normal sir and had everything a usual sir would come with
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Very nice mate. 8)
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
mattj

Post by mattj »

Much appreciated 8)

As far as I'm aware the main difference are:

Keyless entry (small rectangular sensor on the drivers door handle, I'll get you a picture)
Momo 4 spoke leather steering wheel, and leather gear knob.
One off 'Zenkei' charcoal interior.
Anthracite (or close to) bump strips, as opposed to black.
Arm rest as standard

These are the only parts missing from this EG, that are part of the SiR-S original spec.

Unique ‘DOHC Vtec’ decals on the doors
Champagne coloured EG6 alloys

-Choice of three colours: Granada Black Pearl, Milano Red or Lausanne Green

Mechanically there are no differences. Despite what people tend to assume, the S didn't come with an LSD box as standard, though like the SiR, it was an optional extra. The SiR II did have an LSD as standard iirc however.
mattj

Post by mattj »

Today I changed the wing and the door ready for paint, as they were damaged. What a PITA. EVERYTHING was different. I took loads of pictures, despite being ready to set fire to the car, after removing and fitting a door by my self, not to mention the bits in between.

The Damage:

Wing off. Wire tucked head light loom, in braiding for protection.

Replacement wing:

Side skirt off, metal arches / sills :top:

Stripping the bits from the damaged door

Stripped.

Door off

The replacement door.

Stripped down. In this picture I'd already replaced the handle mechanism, as the one on this door was faded slighty, and had a no fear sticker on it lol.

As I said, everything was different. This is the lock mech from the SiR-S door (left) and the one from the door from a UK eg. (right)

Plug differences. SiR-S left. UK car right.

SiR-S door handle bottom. Note the small sensor above the lock. This is for keyless entry as standard on the SiR-S I mentioned earlier in the thread. Fly a** sh*t from 1992.

The rear of the door handles.

Differences in door looms. Uk car left. (CL / EW / Manual mirrors) SiR-S right. (EW / CL / Keyless entry / EM / Power fold )

UK CL module left, SiR-S right.

Bit of bodge found on the speaker loom. Not sure it required 380v rated terminal block, but none the less.

Soldered, then crimped simply for protection.

A well focused picture of the new door built up and fitted to the civic. If you've ever fitted a door to a civic, imagine how much fun I had doing this by my self.

Shut lines, along with colour difference in door and bump strips. SiR-S standard are grey, UK / SiR are black.

A picture of my shoe I took as I caught my phone after dropping it while taking a picture.

Door all back together.

Colour difference once again.

All done. As you can see, it's almost impossible to tell the door is a different colour. Infact, this could just be the first photo I took, posted at the bottom to fool you.

And the bumper I have to replace the one that's coated in sticker flex. It's an Eg bumper, with s2k vents blended in, with a BYS lip. I think I'm going to remove the black grill from the OE bumper and fit it to this one. I'm not keen on the large opening, it's not a boosted car.

LukeReg9
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by LukeReg9 »

Good work dude, keep it up!
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

I know all about stripping, rebuilding and hanging doors alone. Been doing it to the Barca green EF9, what a royal PITA.
mattj

Post by mattj »

I honestly feel your pain. I still have to swap the glass over, but I was running out of light and still had other things to do on the night. I'll do that tonight.
mattj

Post by mattj »

Today I picked up a Momo leather steering wheel to replace the tired suede one that was on the car when I bought it.

Said wheel

The leather Momo

And after some leather wipes

New wheel fitted.

I also wet vaxed the mats at the same time I did my seats, but forgot to take an after picture untill now.

Before

After

I do have a full set, just once again forgot to take pictures.

As the car is going in for paint soon I decided it would be better for me to repaint the replacement bump strips now, as apposed to later in case I marked fresh paint in any way.

Masked up

Keyed and plastic primered.

Colour going on. Looks dark here, but it's fresh, has just gone on.

And all done..

This is a picture of the colour match. The piece I'm holding is the original bump strip from the SiR-S wing. I've never tried to get colours exactly the same before, usually I'm painting small pieces for detail, not to match them, but feel I've done quite well here.

Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Very nice work Matt. Getting whole car painted?
mattj

Post by mattj »

Cheers mate.

Not the whole car no, the paint is actually very good. I'm getting the eg2k bumper painted, along with the replacement wing and door. I'm also getting the passenger wing painted as its got a scratch on it from the engine conversion. May also get the bonnet done just to keep to front end fresh.
B18C'R EK
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by B18C'R EK »

seen this for sale, how come you selling it?
OWNER OF

EF8 SIR
EF9 SIR II
EG6 SIR II
EG9 SIR (RARE OPTION EXTRAS)
EK FERIO (17000KM) High Spec Limited RS Edition
98 PY DC2
K20 EK (BIG SPEC)

Civic Jordan 331/500
EK FERIO - breaking :(
B18 FORGED TURBO VSM EJ9 - put back to standard and sold :(

Bring on the haters
KanjoRex
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by KanjoRex »

Good find!!!!! Gotta Love a RED EG......
Its Going to be a Long wait for the REX to come back to the roads.
.........................REX BUILD.............................
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33852