Topics related to 3G and earlier
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Re: My 3G Honda Civic 1.5 s

Post by big red one »

[/[URL=http://s736.photobucket.com/user ... jpeg[/img]
Imageurl]
Finally got the car in the workshop, jacked it up and started on the front, removed the bumper, both front wings and the front section, , cleaned all the worn out wax oil , which was a total bitch to do,
Warn water and ciff cream, got them cleaned , then rust grinned off and rust proofed, then two coats of raptor two part paint.
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

[urlImage
Image][/url]next job was to start on the wheel arches, though when I started on the offside front arch I could see that the bit that carries the bumper and the front of the wing was all but rusted through, made the mistake of removing it, then making another out of stainless, this proved to be a bit of a nightmare, will try and repair the other one in situ.
Once done started on cleaning the arches and inside wings and all the front behind the grill and lights, and then gave it a coat of raptor paint as well,another tomorrow
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

[urlImage
Image][/url]
After getting the second coat on,and the front body and bumper back on, it's rear bumper off and start all over again.
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

[urlImage
Image][/url]
Also over the Christmas holiday , l finished the welding under the car, one bit under the offside front foot well, welding in a new drain hole, the welding went really well for me, next was the various bits on the sill, which was a total bitch , but I got their in the end.
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

[urlImage][/url]
Got hold of this tank a week before Chrismas, bit of surface rust, but not too bad, just filthy, bit of a job cleaning all the crap off, but came up nice.[URL=http://s736.photobucket.com/user/G ... jpeg[/img]
Image[/url]
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

Once cleaned up, it had a coat of etching primer, then three coats of raptor paint.
Then while the car was jacked up, a friend helped me change the tank over, will get the tank straps sorted at some point .[URL=http://s736.photobucket.com/user/G ... jpeg[/img]
Image[/url]
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

[urlImage
Image][/url]
Today I have been trying to sort out a problem, that has been bugging me for a while, when driving at 70 mph the top of the driver door starts to shake in and out, causing a lot of noise, so I have put a small weld at the bottom of the window frame where it meets the inner door panel, it does seem to have strengthened the top of the door frame, haven't been out yet to test it.
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

[URL=http://s736.photobucket.com/user/G ... jpeg[/img]
Image[/url]
Got these seats the other day, came out of a Porsche boxer, in a tan leather,took out the old wornout seat, took off the runners, and welded then straight onto the Porsche seat runners, did both of them in the evenings, come Saturday, I fitted them, only to find them a bit high, so removed the driver seat , cut the front of the old runner off, and then welded the old runner bolting eye straight to the new runner, which dropped it about 40 mm. Once refitted , it was much better, just got the passenger seat to do sometime, but as its only my eleven year old son, no rush.
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

[urlImage
Image][/url]
Due to the new seats, I have had to relocate the cup holder, which came out of a smart car, best I have come across, it was to the left of the gear stick, now it's in front , have made up a plate, self tap screwed to the grey plastic gear change surround , will stick it on later f it needs it, but plenty firm at present.
3gworks
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by 3gworks »

You should have told me about the roof linning... mine was going spare! now i use it to lay on when im under the car LOL
good progress, cant wait to see the rear bench re-done :D
lordame
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by lordame »

So, what's the news ?
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

Been quite busy in the last few weeks, brought a cheddas adaptor plate to connect some D14 twin carbs to my engine, replacing the single carb, have had to a bit of work on the inlet manifold to make the holes line up, weld up old holes , drill new, also been polishing the manifold and carb up a bit, so that when I finally get them on which hopefully will be soon, it will all look abit more sexy.
Also I have a after a long look have got hold of a gt style rocker cover, from the states, cleaned it up, will be fitted same time as the carbs.
Also got a dash mat, been after one for some time, almost gave up.
But the biggest thing I have done is remove the sun roof, covered it up, will go into that more soon.

Well that was the easy bit, now I will try and load up some pictures.
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

[URL=http://s736.photobucket.com/user/G ... jpeg[/img]
Image[/url]
So here we have a before and after, cleaned off all the faded grey paint with stripper, light sand the prime and paint vht mat black paint, the 2000 grit the top bits then polished with Mothers mag & Ali polished, will get fitted when carbs go on, managed to get a gasget off eBay , seems to fit okay.
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

well the next job was to loose the sunroof, for a number of reasons, one it was rusty around the gutter, the front drain pipes go into the cills and slowly rust them out, or flood them, like on mine , also I kept hitting my head on the surround, so it had to go.
First thing was to get a replacement roof,luckily for me someone was breaking one, so I had the roof and head lining.
Next thing was how to fit it, the proper way would be to take out the screen, drill every spot weld, slowly and carefully take off the roof sheet, very time consuming and expensive , so I have done it a bit different ,
I cut the roof sheet off, and left just the first 2mm of the down turn all round, this is a very time consuming and extreme care is needed, also where the feat hinges are you need to cut off the two studs off your old roof both side , as you will be using the one on the new roof sheet, along the back under the rear spoiler you can hang it down more, 15 mm. The ariel. Grind off the welded nuts on the under side of the new sheet, as you will be using the welded nuts from the old roof sheet.
At this point the new roof sheet will be extremely bendy, you will have to lift it with glass lifter in the center, if you get a person each side it will fold up and you will have fucked it as the 2 mm edge will be creased, once you have got a good fit, I had it on and off thirty odd time, you will have to make up a frame to move it about if it needs to go somewhere else for painting, I recommend that you paint it before fitting, making sure you do under the newly cut edges
Last edited by big red one on Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.