the 3g project starts here

Topics related to 3G and earlier
JDM-mace
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Re: the 3g project starts here

Post by JDM-mace »

do them the highest silver you can, or get some custom metal ones from a metal works spot theyll do some for under £30 i think.
civic EG-sold
FTO gpx-sold
civic sedan-wrote off :(
205 rallye-sold
civic 3G-present:D
civic 3G-scraped :(
ash d-series
**Trader**

Post by ash d-series »

They look much better polished, not feeling the black if i'm honest
Northern Hondas.
Regular meets and events in the north of england and southern Scotland.
http://www.facebook....21620604582622/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
oliwrx
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by oliwrx »

i have to agree with u on that one, black sounded really good in my head but now looking at them they look a bit wrong. managed to sand it down some more today to get rid of the scratches left by the higher grit wet n dry and put some autosol polish on
they look a lot better now ( the pic is a bit rubbish thanks to the weather ) i still need to sort inside the teardrops but they are coming on well. BUT have found out my nuts are too long :lol: i wont be able to fit the center caps over the ones i have so looks like im going without caps until i can afford some new shorter ones :not top:
and one last quick update , my springs have finally turned up so going to get her booked in to sort the suspension out, hopefuly asap!
oliwrx
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by oliwrx »

managed to make the most of the sun yesterday and finished off polishing the wheels, i cant get the insides of the teardrops shiney though so im going to start saving for a professional wheel refurb i think. fitted them though to see what they look like..
really pleased although rubbish weather didnt really show the finish.she looks like a rollerskate at the moment :not top: but the new suspension will be fitted on the 11th :D also got the exhaust on but im really not very happy with it as it sticks out too far and fitted at an angle when u look at it from the back, it doesnt sound too bad though but its not the look im after so going to pop down to infinity exhausts in bristol next week to get a custom one, something subtle.
also started stripping the interior
really happy i havent come across any rust so far and im amazed at how light she is now! has anyone had a go at fitting new carpet? the previous owner lived on a farm and looked like they had an allergy to car mats, its pretty much ruined sadly , but i came across some car carpet on ebay and thought i could take the old one out and use it as a template maybe but i know nothing could be that simple :roll: cheers oli
JDM-mace
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by JDM-mace »

looks good man for your wheels get a drill bit with sandpaper on there like £2 lol and about carpets i have a choice of 2 lol also your rust if any will be under the carpet :( and inner arch at the back bit of a bitch to view but shine a light down it.
also were did you get your USDM sides from? i never came accross any so i got JDMs lol
civic EG-sold
FTO gpx-sold
205 rallye-sold
oliwrx
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by oliwrx »

thanks man, i have some wire drill bits but think they would be too harsh on the metal, they did a good job sorting the lips though, will do an ebay hunt. where did u pick up 2 carpets?! i havent been able to find any parts really , i did get a quote from hadrian on a bonnet, they want £110 (thats not including postage) so im going to do some diy filler for the moment, gives me practice and an excuse to try find a carbon bonnet if/when i mess it up :)
i just painted the sidelights using glass and tile paint, would love proper ones but they are like gold dust over here, i found a set on ebay but they were in the states and wouldnt ship to the uk.
JDM-mace
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by JDM-mace »

just got one out mine and got one from a broke one lol, looks a good job i did mine full lol fooled me ;) haha and yer i paid somet like £70-90 i think but i just do it cause i think ill never find a set again lol. yer well DHL can send my bonnet for £30 i think. but i could do a trip lol.
civic EG-sold
FTO gpx-sold
205 rallye-sold
oliwrx
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by oliwrx »

yeah man if i had some money i would pay that much for a proper set, they dont look bad but up close u can tell they have been painted, i tried to laquer them but it turned out terrible, luckily it just peeled off :) did some more diy experimenting yesterday, i have decided to colour the tears on the 14's gunmetal so ordered some paint and started to tidy up the steelies.. from this..
to this..
then i had a little idea, i would love a set of ats rims but im on a very tight budget so with some trusty nitromors and a lot of sanding i ended up with this
they are pretty laughable at the moment but it is worth a shot, im thinking of sticking to 13s so she will sit really low when the suspension is sorted.i managed to buy a rust removal drill bit set off fleabay so when that arrives im going to try get the rim looking nicer then spray the center black. the other 3 wheels have some bad corrosion so its going to take a bit of work,if they turn out ok i will invest in some new tyres but if they end up looking shocking i have the 14s to fall back on.
oliwrx
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by oliwrx »

i needed to put the wheel back on today so i gave it a quick coat of black and laquer and even though the lip isnt that great im really pleased with how it looks
im still going to take it off and repaint it when the drill set turns up and i can sort the lips, i also had a little delivery turn up this afternoon
all ebay bargains :) i also ordered some new disks, pads and rear brake shoes so hope they turn up before friday as i can get them done when the suspension if fitted
JDM-mace
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by JDM-mace »

13s are cool but if you want bigger engine it sucks, but if your going to roll 13s stock then youl be ok, 13s do look cool my ATS's were realy ace lol sat so low and nice, if you wanted my classics i could do you a honda brother deal for £100, just need tyres what are £40 for a set of 195/50/13's on ebay lol.
it will change lots when you lower it on good wheels realy sets it off!
keep it up man :D
civic EG-sold
FTO gpx-sold
205 rallye-sold
oliwrx
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by oliwrx »

thanks man :D have you got any pics of the classics, thats a blinding offer! will just need to check my funds see what i can do. i think i will stick to the 13s at the moment, more power isnt going to happen any time soon sadly, just make the most of the 1.3 lol. cant wait to get her lowered though, will look so much better im hoping, not 100% sure how low the rear will sit, the springs are -35mm but i want it as low as she can go so i might keep an eye out for a cheap set of springs and give them a chop, wont be nice but im never going to afford a set of coilovers at the moment
JDM-mace
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by JDM-mace »

pay postage and you can have my rear chopped ones ive got coils on it now lol yer ill put them on the car sat maybe take pic front have tyres but bald lol so youll get the idea of the front :P
civic EG-sold
FTO gpx-sold
205 rallye-sold
rallyeluke
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by rallyeluke »

the steels dont do it for me, the pug 106 rallye comes with lush steelies, shame pattern is different.

3g is my next project
D16a9 Powered dream machine!

No greater fun then backing off the throttle at 7400rpm and spraying fire out the exhaust ;)
oliwrx
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by oliwrx »

cheers again man might have to take you up on the spring offer, she is going into the garage tomorrow to get all the suspension fitted so i will see how she sits.
thats great to hear there will be another 3g around, get some pics up :) what model have you got man? i cracked on with the 14s as i wanted them on for tomorrow but its not going to happen...
real happy with how they look now! still need some work but im going to wait till they are dry. i might change them from black to gunmetal at some point. still not sure what to do with the centercaps though
JDM-mace
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by JDM-mace »

look cool man still try to polish the inner tear drops though lol andget some sweet A$$ wheel nuts and sod the caps off if you preffer it that way lol
civic EG-sold
FTO gpx-sold
205 rallye-sold