4GUK

Honda Civic Forum - 4th Generation Civic Owners Club
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1800 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:13 am 
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

no worries got a k24 sat here... would have been ideal shell.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:31 am 

bryan wrote:
Sorry to hear mate, but understandable very costly maintaining a EF-9 to a high standard especially with a family and Christmas around the corner!

Bang on the money Bryan.

I will be back again one day but nothing like the level/spec this one was/is.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:16 pm 
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Just as well I can't afford to buy this from you at the moment T, got some crazy ideas in my head for things to do with another EF Civic or CRX.

EE9 - 160HP B16A1 >> 196HP B16B >> 243HP B20 >> 250HP?? B20>>

260Z Hardcore Project Car

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:13 pm 
4GUK Donator

Were all the same really :lol:

Many times i feel like rebuilding mine :oops:

Friends call me Nas ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:20 pm 

Your shell is good Nas, do it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:10 am 
4GUK Donator

Shell is good, maybe as a track slag but not making a minter again :wink:
Plus no time/energy/money anymore :(

Friends call me Nas ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:13 pm 

perfectionist wrote:
Shell is good, maybe as a track slag but not making a minter again :wink:
Plus no time/energy/money anymore :(

I know how you feel.

Priorities change with time, and I never thought it would come to this but hey you gotta get on with it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:57 pm 
4GUK Donator

Sad to read this Tahir, seems like everyone is selling up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:44 pm 

Right, long overdue update, so much gone and come. Most of you that are on my Facebook have probably seen most of this as I've been updating on there but it's not as easy to do on here as I have to get onto my computer.

Removed the B20, and sold most of it to one guy along with another block I had bought in case I did rebuild it again. Found out what the problem was eventually from who bought it, crank tunnel had been machined too much when they did the line boring therefore there was a lot of sideways movement of the crank hence causing the pistons the scrape the bores and let oil through. It was a machine shop Daz used down south but at this point I really couldn't be assed as the time has passed me, ideally it should have all been checked and measured before built and returned to me however it wasn't and here we are with probably my last update on this car.

I really didn't take that many pictures this time but a few of the mods were sold, traction bar, ASR stuff, black Recaro's, B20, 3" exhaust, manifold etc etc.

Regardless it still have a very extensive spec list and somebody is going to get a cracker of an EF9.

I bought a good condition lowish mileage gen 2 B16A from SuperDOHC, it came from a Del Sol SiR they had broken, I bought a Y1 gearbox from Daz which later turned out to have no 3rd gear (surprise!) and I had a pretty new Sach's clutch lying around, so I chucked it all together, Jizer'd the lot, painted the lot and chucked it in.

Sourced a front crossmember and had it powdercoated, added some Energy poly bushes and fitted to the car. Along with loads of other little brackets and a Spoon strut brace.

Bought a HKS manifold and a custom 2.25 inch exhaust off Nail on here, exhaust needed a bit of work to get right, spent a S*!t load of money on it by having it rehung and a new mid silencer as it was way too loud, it sounds perfect now, not too loud and no rasp.

Had some of the rare offset 38 Mugen RNR in the back of my garage for a few years, decided to dust them off and send them into the powder coaters, came back looking brand new. Went down to the local tyre place and fitted 4 very good condition part worn Bridgestone Turanza's all round in the usual 195-50-r15.

Fitted a Beaks rear lower bar

And a Cusco rear upper one

One of the stalks broke :(

Luckily I had got a set of stalks without the switch for the rear wipers as I had done away with the rear wiper set up a long time ago, now was the time to fit it.

Fresh fluids for gearbox and engine as well as some new plugs

Had a rocker cover done in candy purple and fit it along with all the rest of the stuff, an OEM intake with a new air filter, rad etc

And it started first click, no smoke nothing, well chuffed. It's running a mapped ECU, I need to have the map copied onto another chipped ECU of mine as I'm borrowing this one.

Built the rest of it back up, front end all on etc...

Fitted some EV0 4 Recaro's made some custom rails.

Bought some KW V1's off Nick, springs are a bit scabby but they're set pretty low and they work brilliantly, no noises at all.

Took it for a little blast up the road, it looked awesome, suspension good, no soke from engine, however no 3rd gear AARRRGGGHHHHHHH, everything was going so well until now. I did get the gearbox pretty cheap off Daz however I was told it may have a crunch, and not that it wont have a 3rd gear, fuming!

First drive out with the B16 after I taxed it.

However, needed to sort this bloody gearbox out. Managed to source an unknown condition gearbox for mucho cheapness! So this time I would strip it and check it before I stick it in the car.

Very grubby non-LSD Y1

All in bits.

Internals put away whilst casings get soda blasted, it was far too grubby to clean and paint.

Casings back from soda blasters, so clean I had them in the kitchen!

Started to build it back up, used a very well written how to on Honda-Tech, I didn't pull the bearings from the mains and couter shaft as all looked well, very minor wear on 2nd to 3rd synchro. First time i'd messed about with a gearbox so it was all new to me.

And all built, ready to go in.

Didn't bother painting it as it looked as good as new after the soda blasting. I fit it to the car all in a few hours on my mates ramp and took it out, it worked fine, I'm chuffed. As expected it has a very minor crunch in end of 2nd if you change really quickly on redline, apart from that its all good.

Cyberspeed rear camber arms to go with the D2 rear toe arms.

Off it went for 4 wheel alignment, used a place near me that used top of the range Hunter equipment.

The front camber and castor is no longer adjustable but the rear is, I asked for just over 1 degree on the rear and zero toe all round, it's up to the next owner if they would like a different setup but it's nice and neutral now and it drives and handles brilliantly.

Also had a fresh MOT put on it, made me chuckle looking at how many miles it's done over the past few years, it's still in KM by the way.

That's all for now anyways, I've given the engine a good wash and polish, and added some nice new shiny bolts and washers throughout, will get some pics of it soon.

It's pretty much ready for sale now, all I need to do now is change the thermostat housing as I snapped a bolt in it and the ECU earth goes there, I need to wire the foglights up, I have most of the OEM wiring, switch etc, just need to add a relay to the mix and that's done, and finally a weekend of detailing, paint has picked up a few light scartches etc over the year of working around the car in a small garage, should all clear up hopefully but as you know black is the worst colour to keep clean and swirl free.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:04 am 
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Amazing attention to detail, always looking forward to your updates. It's so sad to see this thing being prepped for sale as it has been and still is a huge inspiration for my build.
I only hope this goes in the right hands to keep it running for another 25 if not more years :top:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:20 pm 

Absolutely dude, a bit sad it's coming to an end and I really wish it goes to a good home.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:19 pm 

Here it is on ebay.

With some slightly better pictures.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-E ... 6016.l4276

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:51 pm 
4GUK Donator

:cry: sad times man I always liked this car. Hope it goes to somebody who will look after it!

1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:02 pm 

SOLD!

Feel a bit confused.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:50 pm 
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Tahir wrote:
SOLD!

Feel a bit confused.

Sad times.. :|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1800 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120