EF9 - SOLD

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Tahir

EF9 - SOLD

Post by Tahir »

Well most of you know how much I wanted this. Finally I got it and have been getting few bits and bats before it comes on the road (hopefully this Wednesday).

Well I got this imported through my mate Sham, we found this on Yahoo auctions in Japan. These are the pictures I first saw of it whilst it was over in Japan.

This is how she stands at the moment:

1990 Honda Civic EF9 SiRII (tintop) 8)
93'000 km's (58'000 miles)
Flint Black (NH-526M)
JDM B16a with Non-LSD Y1
JDM Plastic headlights (need a polish!)
Climate Control, PAS, Power Foldies 8)
JDM EF9 spolier with 3rd brake light
Genuine Honda midwing
Bilstein shockers and Zeal springs
Spats front upper strut brace
5zigen Fireball exhaust system (insane!)
15" Volk Racing TE37's (genuine S*!t!)
All 4 genuine mudflaps came in the boot!

In my mates garden where shes resting atm. Needs a clean big style!

Immaculate arches still got the sharp edges to them all the way round :D

Little bit of lacquer peel on edge of roof which is common on JDM cars due to the roasting sun, rather have that than rust.

One small dent on the driver side front wing and few light scuffs around the driver door lock area. These are the only bad bits on the car, which in due time will be rectified. The EF will also get a fresh red stripe around the car too. 8) Mudflaps will be fitted too.

I am currently waiting for some customs documents to come through so I can go and register the bugger with DVLA. It passed MOT, only needed front brake pads, handbrake adjusting and some steering rack bush.

Whilst its been parked up ive been going around buying bits for it. I also refurbished my old Rover 620ti front calipers and had them powdercoated in Black, these just need putting together again and ive bought some EBC 282mm discs and ADL front pads.

I have also bought for it a Supersprint manifold that needs modifying as some charlie decided to weld it onto a Supersprint centre section via a flexi :? , so ive chopped the middle piece and im going to get a flange welded onto a bit of the centre section so it can act as a decat too and bolt straight onto the 5zigen middle section. Need to get the manifold heat wrapped too.

Many of you may know that im a bit of a wheel whore so I decided to get my Volk Racing Group N-RS wheels powdercoated in gold, I cant stress how amazing the finish is on these. Today I went to pick up some Yokohama Parada spec 2 tyres all round for these wheels. Tried getting them fitted but I need some special flat type valves as the tyre doesnt go over the conventional rubber valves.

Decided to clean the IACV thingie out as my car was "hunting", it had loads of black crap stuck in the little mesh thing in one of the holes. I haven't put it back on yet. (No time)

Ive got my ITG maxogen panel filter to go in, ive bought a new glovebox as one of my brackets have snapped, will be getting a cold air feed to the front bumper with a "bass tube" hole.

Also got a Mark Eley socketed and mapped ECU going in once manifold and CAI is sorted.

Im also waiting on some B16b cams to get delivered 8) . On the lookout for some B16b or B18c valve springs and some adjustable pulleys :wink: Also got some red ITR'S recaro's in the pipeline but we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Thats all for now peeps. Im dying to have this on the road, but I guess the long wait of bringing her over from Japan is over and a few more days wont do any harm.

You will be the 1st people to know of any new mods and plans for the EF.

Comments and advice welcome.

Tahir
Last edited by Tahir on Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 45 times in total.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
sheraz
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

ef9

Post by sheraz »

looking good keep the good work up those gold wheels will look DAAADY on the ef9 should have got the lip polished't but they still will look slick :top:
danxs

Post by danxs »

t this car looks mental, get it on the road ready for when i come up :D

i wanna go!!!!

i-vt gone
b20 gone

mb6 :(
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Very nice, it'll be great with the B16B cams in!! Get Skunk2 valve springs instead if you can afford them!!!.

Get her on the road!! :D
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Im dying :( just watching her parked up. Shes not made to be parked up :D

Im always bargain hunting so il probs find some skunk2 ones somewhere :wink:

She will be getting a mother of a clean today though.

Pics to follow if it dont get dark.
ball2uall
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by ball2uall »

sssoooooooooo niuce, does it have the foggies ?
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

no foggies :( not for long though :wink:
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Right, I just pulled all the rear interior out! Never done this before. All the plastics in the back and boot has come out too. Going to give them a good wash. Going to clean the car properly too, under the carpets and what not.

Its just got dark so I called it quits for today. Sorry no pics, my phones gone gay :?

Which reminds me, I need to take some pictures of some facelift spec ep3 seats, the red and black ones. Took these off my mate but I wont be putting these in my car as they sit very high and they are quite big! Will be for sale soon.

Tomorrow, hope to get manifold sorted. And more cleaning!

Watch this space :wink:
Dan

Post by Dan »

looking nice Tahir 8)

One of my fav wheels the ones you are putting on!!!

Keep it real :wink:
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Interior out.

Tried the Group n-RS' earlier, took these pictures.

They look very 8) Had no time today so the car is stil filthy inside and out. :evil: Just wanted to see what the new rims will look like. Will look a lot better polished up, number plates on, red striped, wind deflectors and mud flapped up.

Watch this space peeps :wink:
sheraz

EF9

Post by sheraz »

get them with the polish't lip
sheraz

EF9

Post by sheraz »

Tahir

Post by Tahir »

i dont like tegiwa's prices. nice wheels nevertheless, just what i want but in a different colour.

for the moment i have enough wheels :wink:
buaan
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by buaan »

Looking good Tahir 8)
Jeffro

Re: EF9

Post by Jeffro »

sheraz wrote:get them with the polish't lip
And make them look like every other wheel out there?

Looks ace buddy, didnt think the TE37's could be improved on but it looks spot on now 8) A lil different too!