Scottish 1990 GL Project

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
BuzzEfHatch
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Scottish 1990 GL Project

Post by BuzzEfHatch »

So I thought I'd start a project thread on my wee GL. It was originally owned by a former member on here, here is his project thread - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30074" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was then sold to one of his mate early this year after it being off the road for over a year and this is how it ended up just before I ended up buying it - Image

So I ended buying it with only 61k on the clock and the intentions of sorting it up and putting an MOT on it and to just daily it the way it sat but when does that ever happen :roll:, it needed the brakes sorted all round, needed to swap the wheels as the white ones weren't for sale but it was a nice surprise to find out that was gonna end up with these genuine rota flashbacks that levi had on it :top: Image

The tyres were shot but I had some off some other alloys so that wasn't an issue, other problems before it could go to MOT was the rear LCA's bushes were extremely perished, the bumpers both hung down on both sides so I got a couple packs of those JDM quick release bumper ties and used them to bring the bumpers back up and the O/S/R inner sill was needing repaired. So the rear LCA's got replaced with some new shiny red Skunk2 one's, found that the brake lines were all f**ked so another excuse to buy shiny bits :lol: got some brand new HEL stainless braided hose's cheaper than a Dingbro equivalent :shock: that also came with new banjo bolts and copper washers BONUS!!. Got the inner sill all welded and decided to underseal the car to try and help prevent anything else eat away at the shell. So once all that was done it was up to the MOT station with a first time pass :drivegear:

So once having it only the road for not even a week I had one of my mates offer me a very rare set of Keskin KT7's that are also staggered so the fronts are 8j and the rears are 9.5j, got them for much cheapness so I couldn't help myself when it came to more shiny stuff and they had new tyres all round so that was an added bonus. Image

Here's a pic from a local car meet of them on the car, I love them but I understand that not everyone likes them -

That's all for just now but big updates very soon :top: :top:
BuzzEfHatch
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Re: Scottish 1990 GL Project

Post by BuzzEfHatch »

So BIG changes to the wee GL, its now WHITE :lol: :lol: also got an mk3 golf cl splitter on it and all the trims done at the same time. Also managed to source some civic ef side skirts in mint condition too so got them on too, absolutely loving the car now. Still needing alot of work but i'll get there :D

Spoon_tuned
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Spoon_tuned »

Looking good mate so much better in white aswell..
EF9 SiR Barcelona Green
BuzzEfHatch
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by BuzzEfHatch »

Cheers, yeah it really should of stayed white in the first place but what can you do.
BuzzEfHatch
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by BuzzEfHatch »

Not much has happened since its been painted. Got some snow so had to go get a pic before it stopped, Also managed to get the original indicator that I was missing, got them in and new number plate and the front looks loads better. Also go a set of wind deflectors but that's all for now.
BuzzEfHatch
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by BuzzEfHatch »

Update

So the civic has been off the road since December all tucked up in the garage and was looking a little sorry for itself :(

So decided that I was time to get the engine bay painted as it was never done when the car got painted, as it was still white but unfortunately its also seen better days

And I'm now at this stage and away to get it all sorted up for a fresh paint job

Only thing to decide is what colour to go ?? It's either going to go the same white as the rest of the car or a nice bright colour, would love others opinion on the colour. :top:
Hakosuka
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Hakosuka »

Tahitian pearl
BuzzEfHatch
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by BuzzEfHatch »

So i decided to go for the white as there's a lot of people changing the colour of their bays to stand out more and i feel there's more people with that rather than just a clean looking bay.

I also managed too get my hands on a decent sized red anodised Tenzo R strut brace and added some more red into the bay too break it up a bit adn done some tidying up.