My GL Project

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Spoon_tuned
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Re: My GL Project

Post by Spoon_tuned »

Over the last few days I've got cracking on the car firstly i started ripping the dash and the looms out forgot how much of a nightmare this job is. Managed to get it all out i have the bolts all over the place so forgot what goes where lol but i'm sure i'll figure out when i get round to it. I've removed one of the fuel lines and i still have to remove the other one when i get underneath the car and today i also removed the sunroof didn't realise how heavy they are :) all about the weight saving with this car next task will be to undo the engine mounts and drop the engine out and remove all the sound deadening inside the car. Slowly getting there but when i think about it i have so much more to do must keep going :)

EF9 SiR Barcelona Green
Spoon_tuned
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Spoon_tuned »

Right Guys had a lot going on but forgot to take photos but basically engine is out now so bay is empty ready to clean up and paint. I've recently bought some new wheels gave them a quick rattle can in black to see what they will look like i'm going to be getting them powder coated eventually got a special colour in mind :).

Took a couple of shots before it rained going to be doing a bit more this week, I have a lot of parts building up they i haven't took photos of but will update when i can with photos as its hard with not much garage light..

Enjoy.

EF9 SiR Barcelona Green
Spoon_tuned
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Spoon_tuned »

Small Update......

Got my hubs out today to strip down had to use some rust off spray but worked a treat. The bearings are shot so i will have to buy new ones but at least i managed to get them un seized now i can refurb the calipers & buy some new front and rear discs.

I have managed to bag me a carbon bonnet for a steal , it is damaged but i have a friend who said it's repairable but tbh if i can get it smooth i will just paint it as i'm not fussed about the carbon look i just wanted lightweight.

Gonna crack on tomorrow and try get the sound deadening out I've done other little bits but i will keep you lot updated :)

EF9 SiR Barcelona Green