4GUK

Honda Civic Forum - 4th Generation Civic Owners Club
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:06 am 
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

This car is seriously cool like the front lip and the wheels again not my favourite but they suit your car pretty well

Good job :top:

White GL
Unique Edition

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:08 pm 
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

7/02
Some pics I have been holding out on.
Bought my son a new hat. He keeps trying to put mine on, so I bought one just for him. :)

Bought a B16 recently too in hopes to freshen it up and flip it for a decent profit. Once it came apart it looks like it's goin to be an investment... :/

Crank is in good shape. At that much was in good condition.

Rods are in good shape as well. It's the pistons that weren't good. Ring lands on three and four were broken. This is the result of boosting on stock cast pistons. SMH.

Luckily the didn't gouge the cylinder walls, but the block will have to be opened +.020" anyway to get rid of all the wear. Frustrating part is that I have a set of GSR pistons +.030" but those would significantly lower the compression. :p So it's like I said, it would become an investment.

7/15
So last weekend at Honda Fetish was straight out of a Twilight Zone episode! First, it got so hot that Sunday that the asphalt started weeping under our feet! It was pretty crazy! I hope EF Sedan Enthusiast got most of that crap off his shoes. As for me I just consigned mine to retirement. It was becoming that time for them anyways.
Gettin' cleaned up!

I got to see Efren Diaz' Spoon'd out EG in the steely flesh. Omg that car...

I even, finally, got to meet Mr. EF Sedan Enthusiast and see, an drool over, his beautiful creamy little four door!

Then, at the end of the day, something totally insane happened to me. Here it is a few days later and i am still in awe!

I actually won a trophy! I'm still in denial over this and still have to touch it every night I go home! I couldn't believe that my little run down Frost White Sedan with nothing special about it, beat out EF Sedan's car!!! I still think it was a fluke. I dunno.

Yesterday we had a storm roll through and when I got off work I noticed that the clouds looked amazing! So I headed to my favorite picture spot in Downtown and popped these!

If you didn't notice in the first pic, I have FINALLY had someone produce that 'I <3 my EF' sticker with the silhouette facing the other direction, so i can put them on either side of the car and the silhouette reflects the orientation of the car! If you are interested in a set, lemme know via PM and we can make arrangements to get you some too!!!

7/21
So, I went outside this weekend and decided to piddle around with the Ol' Girl while the girls were having TV domination time... I got very upset when I discovered that the dummy that put my muffler on wrong made it to where my mudflaps touch to the muffler, therefore melting the mudflap! I was hoping to at least sell these as i think they actually belong to a wagon. I have a very nice rear set that I pulled off a sedan at the junkyard, but now they won't be going onto the car until this problem is resolved!

So to calm myself down a little, I went and picked some supplies...

...and got to work!

Dah-tah!

I love the way this one simple restoration cleans up the profile of a EF so well! More to come next week! It's onto the mouldings! (sorry, ran out of tape!)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:01 pm 
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Been trying to post for weeks now, but my phone is crappy in that aspect.
Lots of things have been going on. Transmission took a crap, finally finished my performance head, picked up some GodSpeed rear LCA's (pics later), and I busted the 1/4 of-a-million-mile marker on the odometer! Lol!

Here's the DX trans sitting in front of the car awaiting the next day to get installed

When I had to change the transmission, I had a extra flywheel lying around and decided to lighten it.

And we're in!

Also, had a friend give me a SOHC 4-2-1header and figured, since I'll be replacing the head soon... might as well fix it up too! So I cerama-coated it black. Was gonna be white, but that stuff is now rock solid because it never got used.

As for anyone curious about what suspension set up I run... The springs are unknown to me. I've been told they are Ground Controls, but I'm doubtful. They came on the car when I got it. I have a full length shock and ebay aluminum extended top hats. this setup works great too!

This!

Oh! And I finally got rid of the Fugen's and traded them for a set of Avid1 wheels that look like Slips/Spoons/Regamasters. Cannot WAIT to get the powder coated white!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:09 pm 
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Here's the GodSpeed LCA's!

One installed... Hate putting new parts on a dirty car...

Here's both even though the incorrectly installed dumbass muffler is in the friggin way! I hope to fix this soon. -_-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:10 pm 
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Holy smokes, it's been too long!!

So shortly after doing the rear control arms, the sedan crept over a 1/4 of a million miles.

I know not much of a accomplishment for some, but it has never happened to me before. also had to start prepping for a clutch swap. Mine was starting to slip. So I decided to lighten a flywheel... :shock:

Threw in a new Exedy O.E. replacement...

Traded off the white Fugen's for some Avid1 wheels

Also attended a few Toy Drives in December!

I finally broke down, and while the weather gave us a little break, I swapped the head on my single-cam to my polished and ported head!

Back together!

She runs great too!
I borrowed a set of steelies from a friend so I could start repainting the gold wheels... Gold is not my color when it comes to wheels...

The plan was to do the centers in gloss black and then the lips in white.

Plans got halted shortly after when we got into a tight spot with money.

So I put trim rings on the steelies...

I was about to start discussing negotiations on buying these....

When tax returns finally came in and I hustled my A$$ down bought a brand spanking new set of Enkei 92's!!

Also had a lucrative offer on some B-series blocks... What might I be doing with these???

Also picked one of these up!

Then my exhaust finally took a crap...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:11 pm 
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

I've wanted a set of 92's since I put the car on the road.

Well I have another huge update and this should get everyone caught up!

It got cold back in January and we actually got to see some snow this year! Real snow, not that sleety S*!t!

Shortly after these pics were taken, things started changing in my life. Pretty serious things. While I was getting my entirely overpriced exhaust attached to my car, the owner of the machine shop I worked at called me and commenced to cuss me up one side and down the other, simply because I was not at the shop working. I tried to explain to him multiple times that the cat clogged and I needed to resolve the issue in order to drive the car. He wasn't hearing any of it. He didn't care. Well needless to say I was not about to suffer that disrespect. I left the exhaust shop and headed straight to another machine shop and began negotiations on getting a job at their location. Another month went by before my boss and I had one more altercation and I quit and went to the other shop the next day. It's been a little rocky adjusting to the gap in pay but my wife and I are starting to pull through it! Before I left AMS I got all the machining done on the head for the B16 and everything cleaned up and ready for the block to be honed out. I had to wait a little while before I brought it up to my new boss, but he was very enthusiastic to have me bring my block down and start assembling the motor.

Got the vc machined before I left AMS also... Mmmmmm Sexay!

Picked up hood bra for $40 as well!

Took this on the day I decided to leave AMS. I had to get out of the shop that afternoon, so I went and had lunch at the Museum

Uh-Oh! Pahrts!

The finished ports for the B16...

Finally swapped out the trunk. The clear is all still on the new one! LOL!

Put my EX and Honda badges back on as well!

Had to give her a wash before the Honda Fetish meet!

Little peek at the exhaust!

Duh-duh-DUUUUUHHHHHHHH!!!! The B16 starts to come together

Picked up some adjustable timing gears from a friend!

Also scored this beauty! An original, A/C compatible, 4-1 DCSports header! This should work fantastic paired with the port matched head!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:23 pm 
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

A little bit of a update for you guys! Picked up some Wagon skirts from a friend not too long ago. Threw them on to hide those hideous dents in the rockers where someone dropped the car off a lift.. The results were much better than I expected!

Dah-tah! No more dents (that you can see anyways)!

Also, drug my transmission up to work and started cleaning it up a bit.

And picked up some dress-up hardware for the header!

If you can't tell, progress has kind of ground to a halt. Like, progress moves like a tectonic plate. in sporadic spurts. LOL! Oh well, slow progress is better than no progress, I suppose! Till next time! Hoping to order the clutch assembly this weekend. (If my wife's van will stop breaking!)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:35 pm 
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

So the B16 has been put on the back burner for the moment. Plans of buying a house have come into the equation for my family and I. But in the meantime, I've been really getting proactive about making the sedan more presentable for the HF Nation meet in October! Since I don't think a lot of you follow me on Facebook, I'll give you some sneek peaks here! (feel privileged)

Electron Blue Pearl (EBP)

It's dark in these next pics, but that's ok. I want to keep a little bit of mystery about this until it's completely finished

A friend parted with a set of rainguards that didn't exactly fit right on his car. I took em to work and modified them. Made them more presentable.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:36 pm 
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Some in process pics I took...

Refinished the front filler and grill piece!

Finally got to refinishing the front lip! Hopefully the paint doesn't go all freaky flakey this time! I did a different prep on it this time *finger-crossed*

Still have some touching up to do, but it's almost complete!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:46 pm 
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

The D16 attempted suicide last night by trying to jettison the crank pulley bolt while I was headed home! Luckily I was able to pull over before the pulley came off, but not before destroying the crank key and damaging the keyway. Still, I was able to get a new key and able to slide it back in. It's almost like the car itself is becoming impatient of the B16 swap! Just a couple more months!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:35 am 
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Of course it got worse because two days later it tried it again by jumping time!! Really?!? Luckily it was only a couple teeth, it didn't destroy the belt or anything, and luckily I was able to limp her back home and fix it all (again).

Here's couple shots I got from our local HF Nation meet.

Crappy phone pics, I know.

Last show of the year. Now I can really focus on putting the B16 into her. Hopefully she'll last that long. LOL! *fingers-crossed*

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:22 am 
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Well, recent developments have accelerated a few things... For starters, my cousin that lives in Florida contacted me a few weeks ago. He is asking me to return to Florida to assist him with the flux of work he is supposed to be getting in 2016. Opportunities like this come once in a lifetime. With a ton of discussion between my wife and I, we both agree, this would be the best time for this and so we are moving forward. In turn, that means that the B16 will HAVE to go into the sedan before I move or it will take a really LOOOONNNGG time to get it into the car once I get out there. So I'm pulling in as much of my resources as I can before the move to make that a reality. Been doing a lot of homework towards the cams I was wanting to run and looks like I'll be going a different direction. I was going to run Crowers but have been reading a lot about those cam having trouble breaking. I can't run that risk with this being my daily so it looks like I'll be saving up a little longer for a set of Skunk2's. That means that the stock B16's will have to suffice for the time being. Oh well. Might help me save a little gas as well.

So yeah, moving to Florida in February and the B16 goes in the second week of January... (nervous as hell!)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:30 am 
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

MERRY CHRISTMAS, YA'LL!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18