Gwengie's Civic is not like yours - Dodge Charger.

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Re: Gwenge's Car is not like yours.....

Post by gwenge »

Oh, night picture....
But i have actually put the decals on the drivers side....
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by gwenge »

Aaron-EK wrote:This car is crazy i love it pure kanjo style
Only getting crazier. xD But thank you.
zPandamoniumZz
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by zPandamoniumZz »

That's an insane looking Civic. Wouldn't have the guts to go for such a colorful livery haha.
Daihatsu SIRION '00 - Sold
Honda CIVIC SRS 1.4 i '98 - Sold
ホンダ シビック 23L スペシャルエディション '90 - Sold
Toyota STARLET '96 - Sold
Honda CIVIC Limited Edition OHC 1.4 i Tropica '00

gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by gwenge »

It's colourful?! Only 5 colours..... :lol:
Thanks though man.
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Re: Gwenge's Car - Racing Pedals

Post by gwenge »

SUPRISE:

I've got to have a 33" gap inbetween my seat and the pedals..... Means I need to cut into the bulk head and move my seats back 12"
New steering column will be a blast to make.

Here's everything out:
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Re: Jaccs EF - Racing Pedals

Post by gwenge »

No progress still.... Got a Carbon bonnet, I shall modify and repair it and later on I plan to mould everything I can and reproduce new carbon products

I'm hoping I can order the next surprise soon. We'll see.
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Re: Gwengies Civic - It's not JDM y0 !

Post by gwenge »

Anybody say Russian Military MilSpec ?!

I'm going to make a new car harness seeings I'm changing so much and I've decided to have one of these going into the engine bay, much cheaper than rywire and more fun too ;)
dazec8
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by dazec8 »

rather u than me mate r u gunna hide it away
The build viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29771" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gizmo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gizmo »

How much and where from....
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Supercharged, VTEC Swapped Track Toy.
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Lifted Daily Beater.
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by gwenge »

Yeah it's gunna be a tucked harness once again, but when i do a head swap or clutch change i can just disconnect this one plug and leave the harness attached to the engine, very handy.

Giz.... ebay. Paid £50 for this one, plenty others on there. There's another one in AUS i might buy but it's more money and less connectors.
Ideally you need about 60 pins, this has 47, i'm pretty sure i can cut my loom down to that many as i'm not using everything the standard harness had.

The new mil spec connectors are around £300 for a pair and complicated as there's literally 1000's to choose from.
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by gwenge »

Lil update:

Nothing to see...

Just ordered all my metal to start making my new steering column, should be nice mated to the new quick rack that's coming.
Also i shall be repositioning the seats further back and fitting my new racing pedal box.

The bulk head shall be all welded up and i shall start making my mounts for the ecu, fuse box and mil-spec connector.

The new dash-less approach shall be interesting.
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Re: Gwengies Civic - Beast.

Post by gwenge »

Done some good work on my civic this week. Shall get some pictures up when i have some better weather.

Anywho....

The new steering column is made all be it not the brackets.

I've cut the bulkhead apart and started welding in a new boxed section to house my new pedals. Gained 3-4 inches of room which means my seat doesn't have to move back as far which also means i don't have to alter the gear stick and hand brake, kind of handy i say.

Everything is figured out in my head and i'm happy about the progress. Fingers crossed a few more days work and it'll all be sorted.
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Re: Gwengies Civic - Beast.

Post by gwenge »

Here's some pictures. Had to drop the front subframe so I could get behind it and finish cutting out the hole for the pedals.

Pedal box cut and welded into place. Still a lot of tiding and plating to do, but the start is there.

Here's the steering column, shall be mounted from 2 spherical joint rod ends. Very light and does the job.
This is the UJ from the original column, I split it from the OG shaft and shall weld it to my new one.

It has an 18mm internal spigot on the UJ which is how they welded it true at the factory, I have retained this to do the same job, just cut round the welds, smashed out the retaining pin and bobs your uncle a UJ ready to be welded.

The two collars next to the Spherical joint shall be drilled and pinned to hold it in place and stop the movement of the shaft.

All that's left to do now is tidy up the pedal box and make the mount plate for the pedals themselves. Make the brackets for the column (all figured out) BUT first I must remount my seats in their new location so I know how long the column will be.
vibe85
4GUK Donator

Re: Jaccs Civic - pics.

Post by vibe85 »

Brilliant work.

Love watching this one.

Nice to see.someone doing it differently.
91' 16i16 ED7- Gone
91' GL EC9- Project
91' Shuttle EE1 - Daily
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Re: Jaccs Civic - pics.

Post by gwenge »

Not much of an update, money has halted for a while. :(

The 84' Civic was sold. Fortunately it won't be the last it's seen. "Site" on here bought it.
I look forward to seeing it live again :OD
My car it still on stands waiting for me to finish welding the pedal box, also waiting for the new quick rack.

...... But a month or 2 ago i got a steal on a lathe on eGay so i've been slowly "restoring" it.
Basically just a strip down and extremely good clean of the years of crap stuck everywhere.
(and yes, YEARS !)

It's an early 1930's Southbend 15x6 Lathe, to say it's heavy is an understatement. It's got all the mods on it! Taper attachment (for turning tapers/chamfers), automatic feed bed (doing threads etc), under-hung motor and tones of extras. It's a beast and is more lathe than i'll ever need but it's nice having it there.

How i bought it

And so started striping (no photo's - too dirty) and finally cleared a space for it in the garage. It's about 2M long, looked smaller on the listing :lol:

Still a lot of work to be done but it's a start. I look forward to making some engine bay dress up parts on it ;)

I also scored a datalogging system and race cam recorder of a guy for £30's !!! :D
Not too sure how it'll work out but it logs G's ;) Can't wait, haha! :lol:
Also comes with a timing beacon to produce lap time logging. I think i'll set this up down my road for a giggle.

Video recorder:
Datalogger and sensors:
Logger and screen to display lap times in car (real-time)

Hopefully in a few weeks i would have finished the lathe and the weather should have dried up a bit more so i can continue with my car.
I'm still on the look out for a B18C crank so i can get my engine balanced. I WANT TO BUILD IT !!!!! :twisted:

Gwenge.