Can i cut my carbs springs still using the stock airbox?

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
RuicivicGL
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Can i cut my carbs springs still using the stock airbox?

Post by RuicivicGL »

I just put my stock intake togheter cleaned with a used clean filter (still good), but going to get a new stock one, as a new fuel filter too. So can i cut my carb springs with the stock airbox, will it still gave me a better trottle response? BTW i put everything on the intake as it should be, but my airbox cover won't close and so still with the stock used filter, i went for a ride, and the engine between 3000 to 4000 rpm make a really nice loud intake noise and feels like it's running better, i mean in termos of performance, a slight better diference, i adjusted the idle too, got my intake valves wide open lol kinda asking for a tune said a official honda mechanic, altough the car idles like a clock fine, and i adjusted the idle for the stock rpm range, idk but looking pretty good ;) gotta a exhaust header and a muffler to put on it :D just waiting to do the exhaust pipe aswell to put everything togheter at the same time! Please confirm if i can do cut them with the stock airbox config and note a diference for the better, thanks in advance!

Lovin the forum' :civic: