4GUK

Honda Civic Forum - 4th Generation Civic Owners Club
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:25 pm 
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Hi guys, i picked up this beautiful beautiful beautiful a couple of days ago and i honestly cant remember the last time i was this excited about owning a car. iv been looking for the right one for such a huge amount of time and finally a stunner popped up and i had to go for it :) 77k full service history cambelt done a couple hundred miles ago, runs a dream, absolutely zero rust rot or grime anywhere at all!! i honestly can not believe the condition, interior is just as immaculate, i almost want to say a time warp car. but any way. here is a few snaps :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:52 pm 

Hi and welcome, I fixed your pics as they weren't showing.

Next time put the link in between [img]and[/img]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:32 pm 
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Thank you so so much buddy, Il be sure to do that next time lol :) thanks again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:55 pm 
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Welcome lad! Looks clean as Feck! Plans?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:33 pm 
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

hi mate :) thank you for the welcome :) it is a lovely car to be honest, the only down side id its an automatic, booooooo lol so my first port of call is getting it converted to a manual, i have all the parts i need to do the conversion apart from the pedal box, which i need to find asap as its booked in in a little over 2 weeks to get done! lol, plans afer hat will probably be to stiffen the suspension up a bit, not lows for the sake of being low but to sort out the body roll these things suffer with when running standard suspension lol, then find a decent wheel and tyre package that maintains and old school suited look to the car but offers me a bit more grip and corner trust lol, then a nice exhaust system and thats about it tbh, iv loved these cars forever so id hate to change a huge amount, i even like the perky little 1.4 they have lol, then il just do little bits over time to get it near perfect and healthy :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:46 pm 
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Looks like a minter!
So clean and shiney.
Welcome to the forum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:16 pm 
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Yeah great looking original car credit to the previous owner me thinks wink wink lol.

Great plans for it not too over the top.

I will be watching with a keen interest.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:56 pm 
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Thank you so much fir the compliments :) and yes lol a huge, a huge amount of credit to the previous owner :D done a fantastic job of keeping it beautiful :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:38 pm 
4GUK Donator

Welcome to the forum buddy

Car looks great 8)

Should be getting on the auto swap yourself its not as hard as you would think dude !

1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:35 pm 
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Hi man :) thanks again for the compliment, you know iv been told by a huge amount of people its an easy job to do lol, but it does seem a little bit more than I think I would be capable of, the car appears to of had all its work done by professionals so I don't want to be the guy who does a slap dash job on the car after 20+ years of it being lovely lol. Plus the garage iv booked it in at iv used for many years and they really are perfectionists and they are looking after me on this one so I thought it'd be best lol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:52 am 
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Welcome along looking forward to updates get a project tread going!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:50 pm 
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

hey dude :) thank you :) iv now found myself a pedal box!! :D :D just waiting for delivery so hopefully all will go well, il be sure to take plenty of snaps as its getting worked on :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:27 am 
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

bit of an update guys :) car has had to me moved back a week for the manual conversion due to parts being received late :( so i took this opportunity to get a few little things done to the car :) il upload pics now :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:36 am 
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

everything but the pedal box arriving :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:45 am 
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

annoyingly i have a few snaps to show you guys but i really dont understand how to upload them :@ iv copied the adress from photobucket and put the address in between and it still doesnt appear to have worked! Any way il tell you what iv been doing and then il upload the pics when i figure it out haha.

Received all parts apart from the pedal box to do the auto to manual conversion! which is great! pedal box is arriving today!

id taken all the brackets and mounts off the new gearbox and gave them a good shot blast and a heavy coat of paint, just to remove the years of crappy rot and to hopefully secure there future for a little while longer lol,

Also had a tin of black heat proof paint as well as a willing girlfriend so we scrubbed down the new gearbox and gave that a good coat too.

i also done the spring chop mod on the carbs as i read quite a few reviews and with a friend (though hard to get hold of!) who works making springs who can make me whatever i need i thought there was nothing to lose but something to gain and i like to kind of live by tha saying lol
If you havn done this mod yet i assure you its worth the time (15-20 mins) it really is a noticeable improvement so get cutting! lol

also tuned and balanced the carbs ( had nothing to do with the spring chop, was running rich when i first picked it up) and to top the week off i had my carb caps polished up all shiny shiny :)